My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace the drain pipe with a rubber hose. Looks like they are about $20. I see some online but don't know how I know what one fits my Briggs. The pipe on it is about 0.670".

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
One of these is what you really need...

Additionally your Briggs may have the common sump gasket leak. It looks like your frame is a bit dirty around the bottom of the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Money Pit
762 Posts
You might not like the hose drain. It's honestly a great idea but it needs to be redesigned. The problems I have with them is over time the hose kinks down low while in the upright position and the hose naturally forms itself in the upright position so you have to hold it down during the whole draining proses. Kind of a pain.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I have the hose ony generator. It is a little too short to really work well, but does work okay. I don't see why you would want one for your engine. The pipe seems like it works well.

·
Super Moderator
9,661 Posts
I would just put an elbow with a plug in it at the end...I did it on a 318 that has a sloppy set up for draining the oil...it worked pretty well...although it was an Onan and I think it was 1/2" pipe

·
Registered
230 Posts
could be 1/4 or a 3/8 inch national pipe drainzit has a listing by motor , another agree with above .. good and bad with them , bad is the motor must be hot for it to drain without waiting forever

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Built this. I'll install ther hose end when doing my oil change. Just need a plug just incase the valve leaks.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
I do that on some of my equipment (a fitting with a barb/hose), I tilt the unit so the port is up enough that oil doesn't come out, take out the plug and screw in the fitting, then lower the unit (or tilt it a bit the other way), and then remove/reinstall the plug when it's done draining. Works well for when it wouldn't be great to leave solid extensions in the drain port (where they would be sticking out and far away from anything to support them).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts