My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shop Teacher & Proud Dad
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much trouble is it to remove the rear fender and floorboards on a 425. They don't really need repainting, but the hood and side panels do. So thought, while I am at it, go for it. It isn't a new tractor, but since I just got it, it is new to me!

Thanks for any input.

Tooldad

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Make sure you post pics of the work your doing. Fresh paint will give it a new attitude. slkpk

·
Registered
94 Posts
My neighbor and I did it in about fifteen minutes. We didn't refer to a manual so it was pretty straight forward. I would advise having a second pair of hands though.

·
Enginerd - DieselDork
777 Posts
I repainted a 425 a couple years ago, removing the fender pan was not too bad of a job. You will be glad that you did, here is a couple pics of the finished tractor.
Jake

What's that foot switch on the left? (High beams? Am I showing my age?)

Reminds me: Did you hear about the Gravely owner that wrecked his car turning on the bright lights in his new car? He got his feet caught in the steering wheel.:trink40:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I repainted a 425 a couple years ago, removing the fender pan was not too bad of a job. You will be glad that you did, here is a couple pics of the finished tractor.
Jake
Great looking tractor. slkpk

·
Shop Teacher & Proud Dad
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll get the pics. I just got the hood, grills and side panels painted. I need a set of side panels for a 425. Anybody know of a set. Yeah, yeah, I've checked CL and ebay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts