My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys- the time has come for me to pull the wheels off of my A to get some new tires on it. Does anybody have a good guide to removing these? Pictures would be nice.

Thanks for any help
Jd40

·
Registered
753 Posts
it is actually easier to change the tires out on the mounted rims rather than remove the wheels and wrassel them around, mounting tractor tires is not that difficult.

i have taken many tractor tires off the rim to repair through the years , with just a few common farm tools,

1. you need a level space for the tractor to set, with room to get around the tractor. helper is handy

2. tire hammer/ sledge hammer with flatend bar to break bead or a handy man jack, and truck bumper works well for this purpose, tire irons/crowbars for prying

3. bottle jack to lift the side you are working with.

4. container if you are saving the liquid ballast, one old drum will hold anything in a normal size tire off of and A, pump is nice if you are going to reuse, but i would not put it back in a show tractor

5. air supply for airing up new tires

here locally i have a guy who will come and change it out on the farm for $45 a call plus an additional 20 for the second tire, so he has been my goto guy now that i am getting older.

just some thoughts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts