My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've decided to paint my GT. Just curious as to whether anyone has done this by removing the sheet metal. Now, I can drill out the rivets that hold the hood together and the only thing that I can see to replace them with is stainless button head screws...unless someone has has a better idea(?).

I don't know if anyone has done this on their MGT, but, once you take "this" off to paint, then you have to take "that" off too....and there's a lot of "that" to remove. Might as well do it right the first time.

Just for laughs, what is the original color? (see "My GT") On some of the near cherry parts, like under the decals, the starting instructions, it's looks almost like candy red....and using a rattle can to paint candy anything will usually result in an un-even finish.

Well, there's always Hemi Cuda Green. lol

Bob

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
We have brought that up before and the best we could come up with was "vermillion". You're right, it's like a candy apple.Hopefully this weekend I will be the proud owner of a similar GT, and hunting down a red that's close is first on my list. If you are looking to "restore" the GT, DON'T pull off the decals, you will never get new ones.

·
Banned
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have brought that up before and the best we could come up with was "vermillion". You're right, it's like a candy apple.Hopefully this weekend I will be the proud owner of a similar GT, and hunting down a red that's close is first on my list. If you are looking to "restore" the GT, DON'T pull off the decals, you will never get new ones.
Hey BBY. No, I'm not looking to restore it. Just want to make it look....spiffy. lol Besides, can't get much for it anyhow, restored or otherwise.

I saw that MGT in Pa., just east of St Mary's. I lived just east of Pittsburgh for over 10 yrs and have been up that way many times, usually for work, and a few times on bikes. Real nice country up thru there for ridin'.

I'm assuming that that 1 bid is yours? And there's no "traffic counter". Stay on top of it! Good luck! FWIW, if you win, you're gonna like this tractor! I never would have suspected a Murray, but this tractor has some balls, no speed, just balls, especially with loaded AG's

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts