My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kubota B2920 and a frame mounted BH65 backhoe that I have not used yet. When the tractor was delivered I had the man disconnect the backhoe and we stored it in my shop basement. I have been using my loader, bush hog, box blade, but now I am ready to use the backhoe. I removed the 3 point hitch arms, and backed the tractor up to the backhoe. The first problem I encountered was that the hydraulic line to the backhoe was barely long enough, even when I backed up right next to the backhoe. I did get it attached, and the return line too.

The next thing was when the instructions said to "raise the boom all the way up", I pulled on the boom lever and the bucket just slid on the floor toward me. This raised the stabilizers off the floor a few inches. I tried to lower the stabilizers with the stabilizer controls, but they did not move, up or down. I rechecked the hydraulic line connections and they are both snapped in and tight. No leaks. Fluid level is OK. The 3 point hydraulic arm on the tractor is locked in the down position, as per the manual. The front loader works fine.

Why do my stabilizers not work? The boom moved when I tried to raise it, so it seems that I do have hydraulics, but the boom did not seem to "raise" the way I expected it to. It just sort of "lurches" when I try to operate the backhoe controls. When I turn the tractor off and operate the controls, the boom and stabilizers "relax", which says to me that there was some pressure there.

I am new to tractors, so I just have to try to follow the directions in the book. I do not know what to try next. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Likes Vintage JDs
12,244 Posts
Someone will come along real soon and help you out -- hang tight.

In the meanwhile, did you double check to make sure the hydraulic hoses were connected in the proper order/location? It almost sounds like the lines are crossed or connected to the wrong ports.

By the way -- that is a beautiful tractor. Thanks for the photos!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
was the throttle set at idle? I know with my bx if I don't get it up to around 12 or 1400 rpm the hydraulics don't really kick in. It is pretty obvious which hose goes to which, course I've done it a whole bunch...hose disconnects from plug on tractor and goes to short hose by it's self on hoe, the other two hoses on the hoe connect to the ports on the tractor.

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you are still on good terms with the seller, and he is nearby, give him a call and throw him $20 to come over and help you reattach it. Based on my backhoe, there are three hoses to connect. Recheck your connections again.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem solved! I didn't tell you somethng because I thought it was irrelevant:
Last year I tore up the rear hydraulic line when my bush hog came loose from the PTO while it was running. My nephew who works on equipment, moved a line to bypass the rear line so I could drive it out of the field. I replaced the damaged line and continued to use the front loader. What I didn't realize was that when I replaced the damaged line, I connected it to the wrong port, which means I reversed the flow in the rear line.
Apparenltly it did not affect the loader operation, but when I connected the back hoe, the fluid was going the wrong way for the hydraulic vales in the back hoe to operate properly.
The dealer sent a guy out who figured it out once I mentioned the line I had replaced. He said he would not have figured it out had I not mentioned it. I will get a bill in a few days.
I'm happy now because it works and I didn't break anything. I had a 50-50 chance to get it right, and blew it! Now I can dig some holes! :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.