My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
I can't hardly believe that you want to leave this great state. What happened did you do your state taxes for 2011? After hearing the horror stories I may want to move when I get mine done. Good luck with the sale and move. slkpk

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't hardly believe that you want to leave this great state. What happened did you do your state taxes for 2011? After hearing the horror stories I may want to move when I get mine done. Good luck with the sale and move. slkpk
LOL, no I haven't done them yet, but I can't wait to get out of this state. I've picked out Tennessee to raise my family before the kids get too much older.

Less than 1/3 the property tax alone was one big part to me, as much as I love spending 4 grand for what little I have here in taxes every year. :thSick:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
It doesn't get much better than Gatlinburg, Tennessee for raising a family and enjoying the scenery, if you can find work there. We can only run so long and so far before the cost of social entitlements and taxes catches up to us wherever we go ... Good Luck in your new home ....

:thThumbsU

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't get much better than Gatlinburg, Tennessee for raising a family and enjoying the scenery, if you can find work there. We can only run so long and so far before the cost of social entitlements and taxes catches up to us wherever we go ... Good Luck in your new home ....

:thThumbsU
I'm lookint at Murfreesboro unincorporated "county" seems close enough to finding consistant work, but more in the county.

I value any input on moving to Tennessee.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jp
if i would have had to move twenty years ago,
the quality of my children's education would have meant a lot.
usually that cost more money.
thank you. boomer
Don't gotta tell me. My wife teaches at our Churches Christian school, even before that we paid to have our two boys go there. There's no way we can put our kids in public schools here. And trust me, this has almsot broken us, we are not wealthy, and we spent the money to send them there, and since last year my wife took a $30,000 pay cut to work there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.