My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Me and my step father made this about 25 years ago for me to put in lawns. It fit into a homemade liftable hitch we made for our old Home lite tractor.

Well I still have the rake. Now I am making it work on the sleave hitch My Ingersoll has.

So I cut off the stub that fit into the old hitch, and have a peice of angle to use for the new sleve attachment. I plan to put a peice of steel on the top to close up the angle, and to brace it a bit.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
31,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a bit left to do. I had to stop cutting, and grinding becouse the Baby was sleeping. Then we went over to my Mom's for her birthday, so thats all I got done. Next I will drill the holes, and then get some more grinding done, so it will fit flush. Still have to poke around to see what I can find to put on the top to close the channel, and reinforce it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Paul,

That looks like a fun and useful project. Glad you got the sleeve hitch thing sorted out. Keep us posted on the progress.

·
Super Moderator
31,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

This had been a real usefull rake. Realy works well for doing lawns. The front part digs up the soil, and the rake part on the back levels it out. It is also all adjustable the way its set up now.

I have a lot of aeras of my yard I am redoing, and this will make it a lot easyer.

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
It's kind of nice to see old farm implements given new a purpose rather than sit in a field somewhere and rust. Nice job Paul, it looks like it does a great job in preparing a seedbed. :fing02:

·
Super Moderator
31,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Randy. I hated to see it scrapped, so I grabbed it, and waited till I needed it for something.

I did some more work on it last night. I got it all ground down level, and mounted the one peice of angle on it. Still have to go some grinding, and a finish weld on it. Also have to dig up a peice of steel to close up the angle. I have some pictures, but just need the time to post them.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
That is quite a substantial set up! Much more impressive than the typical rake sold at today's "box" stores.

·
Super Moderator
31,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A few things...

1st you can be sure my wife LOVES what I have done to my new garage floor. :D :00000060: :00000060:

next you with see the angle is offset.

Well on the Ingersoll's, the sleve hitch has a row of holes on it, not just one. I wanted to have the angle fall on two of these holes. Its realy a nice setup, becouse you can offset an attachment. Well the reason for the offset on the angle, is that I wanted to have on hole centered on the attachment. That way if it ever gets used on another tractor, it can be put on centered.

·
Super Moderator
31,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A little more work on it this weekend. I bent up a peice of steel to close up the angle, and to help brace it. It seems like it should do the trick. I will add another on the other side of the angle, as soon as I figure out the bolt spacing. Coming along nicely. I just have it tacked on for now though. Lots of finish welding to do.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
31,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I spend some time working with it in my garden, and she dug, and leveled GREAT. I only have the one pin hole right now, and it works fine, but I do get a little swing to it. Today I will drill another hole in the angle to use a second pin also. I will not be adding a peice to the top on that one though. I realy dont think I need it. More then strong enough as is.

Also I am VERY happy how mu new Ag tires worked in the loose dirt. Only time I got any spin at all was when I got a REAL big bite, and she still pulled through fine. AWSOME!!!!!

Attachments

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
Ingersoll444 said:
I only have the one pin hole right now, and it works fine, but I do get a little swing to it.
It should straighten out as you pull it. About the only thing on a sleeve hitch that I ever adjusted the sway out of was a box blade.

·
Super Moderator
31,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I drilled the other hole, and it works GREAT now! I did not put on a peice of steel on the top to close the angle on that hole, just in the lower angle. Holds it nice a solid. Of corse half way through doing the garden, I found out summer is here, and my 224 is back to shutting off like it did all last summer. :banghead3 :banghead3

·
Registered
115 Posts
thats nice i could use something loke that here so many larger stones and rocks though i have a drag from an older tactor but needs work to make it work on the 990

1 - 17 of 17 Posts