My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2002 Regent with a 15 Command and 38" deck this past year. The manual says the cutting height is up to 4". At the highest setting, the blades are only 3" from the level concrete floor that I am measuring from. I have fescue grass that needs to be cut at 4" during the summer. This summer was a disaster cutting it withe deck fully raised (3"). I have read the manual, and it only addresses leveling the deck. I can crank up one side, but for it to be level, 3" is the max. With the floating deck it has the ability to come up quite a bit. Any thoughts on how I can adjust the entire deck up?

Thanks,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another question. How close to the bottom of the deck should the blades be? My blades are even with the bottom of the deck. I always thought that they should be a little higher, a little recessed in the deck. Just trying to figure out any way to raise my cutting height to more than 3". Could really use help here, even willing to try bad advice at this point!

·
Registered
83 Posts
What kind of shape are the deck rollers in? They may be worn enough to lose that much. Not only do they wear where they contact the ground, but also inside where they ride on the bar, and the bar may be worn as well. A little here a little there adds up.

·
Registered
388 Posts
A family member has the same tractor. They have the exact same problem. They've talked to the dealer a number of times, and nothing can be done to fix it. I guess that's just the way it is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Except for something that involves redesign and welding, I don't see how it can be adjusted any higher either... Oh well, may be done with this mower come spring. Anyone for a deal on Craigslist?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts