My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a great deal on a quick hitch and 54" blade, however, the blade appears to be in rough shape.

It looks like it'll need the cutting edge replaced, along with the side skids and possible some pins.

Has anyone documented a refurb on this before? (sorry - I couldn't find one).

Also - does anyone have a parts list? I'd like to get this ready for winter.

Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK - so a little more info and a fun mess in front of me it looks like

As a back story, I bought this blade only for the quick-hitch. The price I paid was cheaper than a hitch from other sellers.

The only purpose I had for the blade was for dirt and debris. I wasn't planning on using it on snow, so it really didn't matter what shape it was in.

So..I've used it a couple of times, and was happy with what I was using it for. I am now selling my 445 and see the opportunity for more customers by including a blade in on the deal as I live in Michigan.

With that being said, I finally looked the blade over closer this afternoon.

This looks like fun....

Is it just me, of did the previous owner weld the cutting edge to the blade? :tango_face_surprise:

They also obviously used it in a manner where they shaved the nuts down on the bottom side. If I was going to even mess with this, I'd have to torch or crack the nuts off.

Or should I just be happy with the fact that I pretty much for a free dirt blade out of the deal?

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's my first dealing with this type of equipment.

I would be replacing the cutting edge and the hardware. I'm just not sure if he welded it or not.

I'll be working on it for the next couple of days

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,340 Posts
A inspection after removing the edge and bolts will tell you a lot more. But if a new piece needs to be added hopefully you have a wire welder/gas to do the work or a friend that way the cost down rather that take it to a weld shop but that will be your call. I have found the my local metal supplier can do an excellent job on some of my projects.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts