My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Snapper 1650, same as Massey. It spent much of it's life setting outside by looks of faded paint and plastic. I understand repainting, but what does one do with the plastic dash areas and control plate on right fender to brighten up again? I'm thinking reg spray paints probly will just eat at the plastic and be perm sticky or something? Would it? Also with a couple spots split, like where dash has corners, what does one do to glue up? Would one have to re-inforce too to make it stay together?

·
Premium Member
10,259 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I used MF red Valspar On the plastic dash and grill on my mf 8 when i painted it. It goes on good and is very thick.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
When I did the redo of my 1450 & 1650 MF's I simply used gloss black engine enamel ( Krylon) on the dash and the fender piece. That was in 03 and they still look good. Both of my dashes were cracked/split in places, to correct that I super glued the pieces back together then used some body filler/putty that had fiberglass in it on the back side of the dash which strengthened it a lot.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Forgot to add that I used the heat gun trick on a customers vehicle (F-150) the other day on the plastic piece under the bumper. When we got the caved in place popped back out there was a white-ish area, after the heat gun trick it wasn't noticeable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts