My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,879 Posts
I hope he used oak, I don't think pine will be strong enough.

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
Well, I am all in favour of creative solutions - there is something of value in this, somewhere. Perhaps, the next movie, coming to a theater near you. :rolleyes:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
He could use some more duct tape at the bottom:trink40: slkpk

·
Registered
6,997 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
I hate to admit it but I did something similar last winter, I broke the end off the rock shaft on my Super Cub when plowing. So with all the snow we had a just put the blower on. However I still needed to lift it here and there. So I bolted a long piece of flat stock to the pivot on the blower until I could tear the tractor down to replace the broken rock shaft. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

You can see it sticking up with a ribbon on it in this pick. Didn't lift very far but did what I needed at the time as I had no hydraulic lift.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,653 Posts
For all the work and engineering that went into this he could have just fixed it the right way
His last name isn't "Goldberg" is it?

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
It amazes me how often you see something like this, How much did the wood and time cost?

Seems like it would have been easier to just get the part and bolt it on the right way.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hate to admit it but I did something similar last winter, I broke the end off the rock shaft on my Super Cub when plowing. So with all the snow we had a just put the blower on. However I still needed to lift it here and there. So I bolted a long piece of flat stock to the pivot on the blower until I could tear the tractor down to replace the broken rock shaft. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

You can see it sticking up with a ribbon on it in this pick. Didn't lift very far but did what I needed at the time as I had no hydraulic lift.
Like Gray said being all for inovative solutions is one thing. I'm all for them to. But this guy went way past that. He probably spent more time and money on this solutin that fixing it the right way would have cost him in both time and money.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Like Gray said being all for inovative solutions is one thing. I'm all for them to. But this guy went way past that. He probably spent more time and money on this solutin that fixing it the right way would have cost him in both time and money.
thats exactly what i was thinking :fing20:

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
I fixed up a JD 210 and bought a used blade for it. What was missing was the lift rod that went under the tractor. Dealer wanted $100 for it. Instead I bought a pulley, some cable, loops for cables and an eyebolt. I installed the pulley on the left front corner of the hood and ran the cable from eyebolt on blade A frame, up and over pulley on hood and back to the lift handle for the deck. It worked fine.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I fixed up a JD 210 and bought a used blade for it. What was missing was the lift rod that went under the tractor. Dealer wanted $100 for it. Instead I bought a pulley, some cable, loops for cables and an eyebolt. I installed the pulley on the left front corner of the hood and ran the cable from eyebolt on blade A frame, up and over pulley on hood and back to the lift handle for the deck. It worked fine.
Doing something like that makes sence, but what this guy did with the 2x4's doesn't in my mind. Besides that it's also some what dangerous.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts