My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, following the rules for new members, here's who I am: 68, retired Navy, retired Ma Bell, now retired again, this time for good, by golly. I like to play with photography (I have a darkroom in my shop), bluegrass music (5-string, flattop, and fiddle), electronics (restoring old tube radios), making custom knives, and tractors. I live on a partially wooded acreage in central Oklahoma, and in the summers I pretty much spend my life on one of the five mowers I use. I just picked up a new JD 3032E with 305 loader a couple of weeks ago, and before that ran a fine old '82 Kubota L295DT for about 15 years. Learned to drive a tractor at age 12 on my Granddad's Farmall row cropper. Rebuilt a JD Model B and a JD #7 sickle bar mower for it several years back, but that's been my only tractor restoration experience. I don't farm crops, mostly use my tractor for clearing brush, dirt/gravel work, mowing, and saving my back. I have a good shop and I like to homebrew with a stick welder, although I am no expert fabricator by any means. I have great respect for all tractor brands, but just because of past ownership and experience, I prefer Kubota and John Deere equipment.

So there you go. Happy to be aboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.