My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Work Horse 700 I want to get running. It cranks but has no spark. The first item I looked at was the rectifier panel. It looks incomplete, missing fuses and a cover. Can someone help me get this panel in working condition?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The 2 items missing are not fuses. They are diodes to rectify the AC current from the stator to produce the DC voltage required to charge the battery.

Your ignition is self powered and requires a ground to kill the ignition. The green wire likely goes to the ignition switch which should be open in the run postion. When turned off it grounds that wire. Disconnect it at the panel to eliminate any possible problems with wiring and switch and see if it starts. If not clean the points. If it runs ground that terminal to ground and the engine should stop. Do not allow any battery voltage into that kill circuit or you will be replacing the ignition coil.

Someone is making new covers for that panel and recall someone having replacement diodes but you can also make them up.

Garry

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Bread the boaed is suppose to be mounted on the piece of metal just up to the left of were it is now theres a guy over in Red Square that sells the covers I have some org, but sell high the diods I have but Im not at home and want be there untill the eight of this month I can give you a price if you want by email.
Like Garry said clean all the wire ends replace the plug there a good engine but need a lot of adjustments though time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bread the boaed is suppose to be mounted on the piece of metal just up to the left of were it is now theres a guy over in Red Square that sells the covers I have some org, but sell high the diods I have but Im not at home and want be there untill the eight of this month I can give you a price if you want by email.
Like Garry said clean all the wire ends replace the plug there a good engine but need a lot of adjustments though time.
oldandred, please contact me about the diodes. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts