My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where I can find a reconditioned tranny for an LT160 Series Lawn Tractor? It has a K46C Tuff Torq Hydrostractic Transmission. Are there any online distributors that carry this tranny? JD wants $610, way too much money for a machine that only has 340hours on it. :greendr:

·
Parts Robber
171 Posts
I don't think you'll find anywhere for a "reconditioned" transaxle. Most of them sold these days are just throw aways and not really considered rebuildable. You may find one surplus somewhere or will have to look for a good used one.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Have you tried changing the oil in the transaxle?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have any experience dealing with Jim's Repair/Jim's Tractors in Hastings, MN? Specifically, purchasing a reconditioned tranny? Was it worth it? Please advise.

:wwp:

:praying:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Can anyone tell me where I can find a reconditioned tranny for an LT160 Series Lawn Tractor? It has a K46C Tuff Torq Hydrostractic Transmission. Are there any online distributors that carry this tranny? JD wants $610, way too much money for a machine that only has 340hours on it. :greendr:
Did the tranny blow parts out the case or does it not just run right?
If the unit is sucking air in the hydrostatic pump, it can make all sorts of grinding nasty sounds. Could be as easy as replacing a $3 seal.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I've used Jim's tractors and had good luck. You can call him on the phone and he'll give you good straight answers(at least he did for me). And you can save money over what a JD dealer will charge you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts