My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a replacement recoil starter. Preferably the entire assembly but not the housing. The engine number is Family 2BSXS.1581VA 275226. I’m not finding this engine in any listings. The washer is Model 01974, type 4200CP, 2.0 GPM, 2100 PSI. I could even use the correct spring but would rather the recoil assembly including the spring.

Thanks very much for your help!!!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The family number is for emission purposes only and of no value looking up parts. Look for a model, type and code stamped into the valve cover, they may also be near the muffler.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The family number is for emission purposes only and of no value looking up parts. Look for a model, type and code stamped into the valve cover, they may also be near the muffler.
I’ve done this previously with a different issue and there’s no stamping on the engine body. I’ve looked everywhere, and have experience doing this.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve done this previously with a different issue and there’s no stamping on the engine body. I’ve looked everywhere, and have experience doing this.
Duh! Was holding the **** numbers in my hand. Stamped on the recoil housing! Thanks, have figured it out. Must be the heat....?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
If the spring is broken on the end just file new notches in it and use it again. Have done it many times and are so easily fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts