My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently acquired an older Gravely tractor. It is a Commercial 430 model. It was given to me by a friend who used it to move his airplane in and out od his hangar. The mower has been removed and PTO disabled (I still have to figure out exactly how) It has a heavy weight bolted to the fron for pushing the plane. It runs very well, and I was going to rig a blade for the fron for snow moving (I already have adequate mowage) and the extra weight upfront cant hurt. Please tell me what you all know about it. I will include some early photos. Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well...they were made in the late 60s or early 70s and your model, I believe is a 12hp Kohler. It is loosly based on the Swiftamatic model "L" made into a rider. Some of the trans parts are interchanable with the "L", but not all of them. I am working on acquiring a 432 that is for sale down the road and want to restore it.

Todd

·
Registered
657 Posts
Carm

Nice looking tractor! :fing32:

If you need any manuals for it you can download them for free from http://www.oldgravelys.net/docs/

Look in the riding tractor section.

It shouldnt be too hard to attach a blade on the front. it looks like you already have the brackets on the front. the original one actually had a frame that went under the tractor that attached to the rear axle and had a handle to swivel it from the seat. these go pretty cheap if you can find one near you. shipping would be the problem.

Good Luck
Andy

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andy and Todd, thanks for the info. I will be modifying a blade from a Craftsman GT tractor, so anything goes at this point! Looking forward to yet ANOTHER project

1 - 4 of 4 Posts