My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! It’s been quite some time since I’ve been online but I always like to share my latest Lawn-Boy projects with folks.

I had too much trouble with the 8251 LB so I parted it out and used the deck for something better: a ‘72 MAG 21 Deluxe. I filled the holes for the self propelled provisions and added a touch up of Grabber Green. I did some modifications to the wheel bracket to make it work for a push model.

The engine had parts carried over from the 8251 with all new gaskets and seals. I also added the dual bushing crankcase and a new crankshaft to really complete the project. I really can’t wait to get this one on the grass soon!

·
5,299 Posts
Very nice project. Should be a good one to use and enjoy. I just passed along a 7221 and 7259 to a new owner, one with the D-407 and the other with the D-408. Same shroud style. One beige and the other green. Started and ran well. Just too many to hang on to. Will you be using that one weekly? Bill

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,809 Posts
Looks great! Using a deck from an 8251 for my 7260B is what I did to. I used a product called High Temp Lab Metal to fill those holes and then I had it powder coated. So far so good, the material has held up great with no hint of letting loose.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice project. Should be a good one to use and enjoy. I just passed along a 7221 and 7259 to a new owner, one with the D-407 and the other with the D-408. Same shroud style. One beige and the other green. Started and ran well. Just too many to hang on to. Will you be using that one weekly? Bill

I think once I got the 5239 I wanted to have the 21” counterpart. This will be used weekly for sure. I really like the lightweight aluminum deck and bigger swath. Better for the backyard which is bigger. I’ve always wanted a 5238 or 7259 but I’m in the same boat as you, I have enough already LOL!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great! Using a deck from an 8251 for my 7260B is what I did to. I used a product called High Temp Lab Metal to fill those holes and then I had it powder coated. So far so good, the material has held up great with no hint of letting loose.
Thanks! I actually drew from your 7260B for this project. I ran out of Lab Metal so I used some JB Weld on this one. I've had good luck in the past with it. I really like the dual bushing set up. I like the better crank support and now it'll be easier to replace the seal when the time comes. I still have yet to test the engine but I think it'll run good!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Video of the mower running.Also happy St Patrick’s Day!

·
5,299 Posts
Love that sound! Makes me want Spring to be here even more. Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts