My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there is Deere land know of a receiver hitch assembly for my 345.
Here is a photo of a similar setup for a Cub Cadet, which the seller claims will fit on a John Deere garden tractor. Model he doesn't show. About a year or so ago I found such an item on the Internet, but didn't make any note where, or who had the hitch.

·
Shop Teacher & Proud Dad
243 Posts
Most tractor supply or farm stores have receiver tubes for about $10. Get a piece of 2x2 angle iron weld it to the receiver tube, drill a couple of mounting holes and spray paint it color of choice. With that setup, you are restricted to their receiver hitch inserts also since the holes won't match. with a reg receiver, you could have different sizes and just use the ones from your truck without having to buy others.

·
Registered
865 Posts
i'd measure whatever you are towing and make sure that having the hitch that low is ok, since it will be sitting much closer to the ground than a truck hitch would.

·
I color outside the lines
2,159 Posts
A hitch like that on a 345 will destroy the bottom plate. It wont take the additional moment put on it by extending the arm. You can bend the bottom plate by tugging on something with just a ball attached.

·
Shop Teacher & Proud Dad
243 Posts
When I had a GT 235, I took a piece of 2x3 angle iron and welded it across the the top of the back plate, then welded the receiver tube to it. Angled the corners of the angle on each end for looks and to avoid shin bangers. That helped get it to the right height. I also made a double hitch insert that has a 2" ball on each side with a plate and a 3/4" hole for standard tractor pull behinds. The rise side is for the flatbed trailer that I pull behind the garage with the tractor, then I flip it for the lower side for my pull behind lawn trailer and spreader.

·
Banned
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found this hitch bracket made by KFI Products. Price is $40.00 + shipping.

I don't know the overall size of the unit, but the holes pattern is 3-3/8" center across the top, and 1-3/4" center top to bottom. I'm like...rrmaccabe here on where to mount the bracket. The small horizontal piece on the 345 is too small and not enough strength to hold up. I prefer one that will bolt to the vertical flange on the 345, and this KFI item may work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts