My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Cub Cadet models 3240 & 2165
36 Posts
Thanks, I am getting all the parts together for when I get into the back half of the tractor. I all ready have the grommets for the fuel tank and picked up some backer O-rings. I see these things to do as I cruse the forum. Anything you can recommend that I could do, I am all ears. I am restoring mine to original (that's the car restorer in me) and most likely just stay a mower. I went through my 2000 series like this back in 2003 and it has been a great machine. I got the PTO apart and all it needs is a new seal and pulley. I found a pulley on E-Bay brand new for 1/3 the price and it is exactly the same as what was on it. (made by Clark) I have a large deep well socket in there to hold the axle in place for now. That center bolt under the PTO was about 2 turns from tight. I will start fixing the slop in the steering when I get that back together. I all ready have had the axle out and that whole area has been cleaned and ready to go.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks, I am getting all the parts together for when I get into the back half of the tractor. I all ready have the grommets for the fuel tank and picked up some backer O-rings. I see these things to do as I cruse the forum. Anything you can recommend that I could do, I am all ears. I am restoring mine to original (that's the car restorer in me) and most likely just stay a mower. I went through my 2000 series like this back in 2003 and it has been a great machine. I got the PTO apart and all it needs is a new seal and pulley. I found a pulley on E-Bay brand new for 1/3 the price and it is exactly the same as what was on it. (made by Clark) I have a large deep well socket in there to hold the axle in place for now. That center bolt under the PTO was about 2 turns from tight. I will start fixing the slop in the steering when I get that back together. I all ready have had the axle out and that whole area has been cleaned and ready to go.
without pics I am missing some of what you are talking about.

·
Registered
Cub Cadet models 3240 & 2165
36 Posts
I will have to put them somewhere else so I do not get too far off topic for this thread

21 - 23 of 23 Posts