My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Junior Tear it aparter
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey got on my ST/10 to put it back in the garage and wouldn't go anywhere, put it in gear and nothing, but was able to push it in the garage (while in gear) lifted it off the ground checked belts, pulleys, etc, everything seemed good, and in place, also while off the ground and in gear was able to turn the rear tires.. missing anything? or is there a certain trick to tell if clutch or rearend is bad? Thanks.

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
did u make sure it was in high and low and not in neutral?

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
well check input pulley make sure it dont have a lot of slop. then after u rolled it in garage did u check to see if it will move then? it might have a couple busted teeth

·
15,000 +posts!
20,694 Posts
Brake band may have got something jammed in it ,or the lining came off and bound it up??..otherwise it could be internal damage,if the input pulley cant be turned,teeth jammed between gears ,etc..

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Hey i have a Rearend/ trans for a ST/10 if you need it. I'm in east TN.

·
Junior Tear it aparter
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies, I found the problem yesterday, after taking the shield off the side and noticed it jumped the idler pulley by the engine shaft, threw it back on pulls just fine.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
excellent! That was an easy fix :)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Cool, I'm glad you got it fixed

·
Junior Tear it aparter
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found a sears Aerator for 65 bucks in my hometown, don't need it now, only has surface rust everything seems to be together and in working order, think it's worth it?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Found a sears Aerator for 65 bucks in my hometown, don't need it now, only has surface rust everything seems to be together and in working order, think it's worth it?
Is it a core aerator or the spike type, I was just in a Sears store last week and they had the spike type on sale for $62.50.
Good to hear you got the problem fixed it always nice when its that simple.
It was this model: http://www.sears.com/brinly-40inch-...ckType=G16&PDP_REDIRECT=false&s_tnt=39869:4:0

1 - 12 of 12 Posts