My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a newly acquired X585 with a 45 FEL and a 3PH on rear. I have some John Deere cast iron weights that I used to use on my 425 with a bracket on the rear to hang them on. What would be the best method to use them now on my X585 without removing the 3PH? Is there a bracket that will go on the 3PH that I can hang them on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Hi, I have a newly acquired X585 with a 45 FEL and a 3PH on rear. I have some John Deere cast iron weights that I used to use on my 425 with a bracket on the rear to hang them on. What would be the best method to use them now on my X585 without removing the 3PH? Is there a bracket that will go on the 3PH that I can hang them on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Deere makes a simple 3PH weight bracket. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I've tried to find the attachement on the John Deere website but haven't been able to find it. Also, is the 3PH on the X585 a category O or 1? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi

I had the 3pt. hitch on my x475. I believe there were 2 available a cat0 and a limited cat1. Mine was the limited cat 1. The limited refers to the lift height not being as high as a full cat1 but the arms will accept a 26" wide cat1 draw bar. The hitch is rated to lift 450lbs 1ft behind the lift links and mine easily dealt with a 24" worksaver dirt scoop loaded with gravel or soil.
You may be able to use a draw bar and make your own weight bracket for cheap, i'm not sure. Deere still makes a ballast box that fit the xseries cat 1 hitch for 236$. That would be your best bet because you will need quite a lot of weight to be safe with the loader and the ballast box will give you the weight you need for the least cost.

Cheers
Brian

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

I had the 3pt. hitch on my x475. I believe there were 2 available a cat0 and a limited cat1. Mine was the limited cat 1. The limited refers to the lift height not being as high as a full cat1 but the arms will accept a 26" wide cat1 draw bar. The hitch is rated to lift 450lbs 1ft behind the lift links and mine easily dealt with a 24" worksaver dirt scoop loaded with gravel or soil.
You may be able to use a draw bar and make your own weight bracket for cheap, i'm not sure. Deere still makes a ballast box that fit the xseries cat 1 hitch for 236$. That would be your best bet because you will need quite a lot of weight to be safe with the loader and the ballast box will give you the weight you need for the least cost.

Cheers
Brian
Thanks, Brian. I'll go see my dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts