My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to add weight from time to time to the back of my 3000 series. I have wheel weights and will be loading my tires when they come. I have seen those shelves that attach to the back of GT's. Anyone with a 3000 series have a solution. Other than a 3 point which is a bit pricey:crybaby:

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
weight bracket with suitcase weights....

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's funny that you mention this, but I recently came in possession of a 3000 series (190-413-100) weight bracket that I've been meaning to get around to listing it. It came with 4 suitcase weights that I bought off of CL (I wanted the suitcase weights, but not the bracket since I don't own a 3000 series.)

Let me know if you're interested and I'm sure we could work out a deal.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
you can get suitcase weights cut at most metal shops for decent prices. What I've saw weights are going between .90-1.10/lb.

·
Registered
275 Posts
you can get suitcase weights cut at most metal shops for decent prices. What I've saw weights are going between .90-1.10/lb.
Very good point. I'm sure anyone with a plasma cutter table should be able to cut out some pretty thick steel suitcase weights for very little cost over the price of the steel especially if you can generate the 2D CAD file for them.

The option I originally looked (before finding the deal on CL) at buying was the Troy-bilt MTD suitcase weights through Lowes for $50 each. If you special order them on-line you can pick them up in certain stores and save on shipping costs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The cheapest place I could find for suitcase weights is Home Depot's website, as long as you don't mind "going green". The offer the 42lb. John Deere suitcase weights for $46 (online only) and shipping is free if you order $249 or more. When I ordered mine the minimum amount for free shipping was only $49, so you might want to keep checking back... maybe they'll run another special around Labor Day.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks all! I sent a PM. Hopefully I can swing the bracket. After the bucket and tires...well :i_praying

·
Registered
275 Posts
Since I already had quite a few people inquire about the weight bracket, I just wanted to say that it's been sold. Thanks!

Please let me know when it arrives quickrch.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks can't wait to get it. I have a lot coming this week so I'll be posting pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts