My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through my manual today, 1988 YT12, and i was looking for a mention of tire pressure, none mentioned.

Figured ok will go look at tire. Tires have brand on them and thats it, wet them down to bring up and lettering, bright light, nothing, just not marked other than size and brand.

I don't recall the brand name off hand and its too dark to go check, too cold too..

But they are 18x8.50-8 for the size. What would be the average air temp to run these at?

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
The tire pressure stamped on the side of a tire has nothing to do with what it is supposed to be inflated at. I have a pair of tires on my Pro-8 that says Max Pressure 44 PSI. I have another set of tires for the same tractor that says on the side the max pressure is 24 PSI. The owners manual says the tires should be inflated to 18PSI. (I actually inflate them to about 12 PSI.)

My advice is to get the Owners manual and inflate the tires to what it says there. I found a manual for the YT1232 (935 series) and it said on page 23 to put 12psi in the front tires and 8psi in the rear (medium loading).

Air temp does not matter in this application.

·
Banned
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the original manual for mine, YT1238 and finally i found it in the manual. Guess i needed a good nights sleep and fresh eyes. Buried on page 18, 10psi for heavy loading. I will put them to 10psi after i get done greasing everything today. Then i am putting on the chains and weight box. Looking for some 8" wheel weights, bidding on a few on eBay, time will tell!

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts