My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought a my legacy xl 4x4 and just realized I don't have the rear pto. So question is, Can I add it? How much does it cost? Can I add the point hitch without the pto? How much do they cost?
Thanks Jamie

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Welcome Jamie,

To answer your question:
probably, a lot, probably, a lot.

Assuming you already checked with the dealer?

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,652 Posts
I do believe you can get them installed as aftermarket, just as JD offers them for the X7xx series. You can get either one by itself or both with JD. Mine were less than $1300, including installation by the dealer, and are included in the mfg warranty. I had about 90 hrs on my JD when I had them added.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Ok so I bought a my legacy xl 4x4 and just realized I don't have the rear pto. So question is, Can I add it? How much does it cost? Can I add the point hitch without the pto? How much do they cost?
Thanks Jamie
Didn't realize you could get the XL without a rear PTO. :fing20: You can add a 3-pt hitch aftermarket though. Can't imagine how they are related or dependant on one another as the hitch operates the same as raising/lowering the mower deck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok I didn't know how the 3pt was lifted. I am not sure as I need a rear pto. Just wanted to know if it can be added. I am missing the lever to turn it on so I assume I don't have it.

·
Super Moderator
16,793 Posts
Yes the 540rpm Rear PTO can be added later as well as the 3point. No you don't need to have the Rear PTO Installed to have the Limited Cat 1 3point installed. Not all Leagacy XL models came with the 3point and 540rpm Rear PTO installed. Only certain model's come with them already installed. Your PTO switch will activate the Rear PTO . A 3position PTO lever will be installed on the tractor back by the transmission Just Like the Deere X700 series. So you can select between the Rear,mid or Both PTO's at the same time. Hope this Helps :thThumbsU

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks Jamie
Did ou buy this new? Are you sure you have the XL and not the older Legacy? I didn't think the newer XL was offered without a rear PTO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did ou buy this new? Are you sure you have the XL and not the older Legacy? I didn't think the newer XL was offered without a rear PTO.
Its a 2006 Model XL no rear pto. I think unless it has it and not 3pt hitch? What does the pto look like?

·
Registered
137 Posts
OK I have researched this for my 2005 Massey Ferguson 2927 LC, which is the same tractor as the Simplicity Legacy XL but red.

The dealer told me that in 2005/2006 the rear PTO/3 pt hitch were an option on the 4x4. Even today, they are optional on the 2wd models. They do come standard with the 4x4 now, though.

3 Point Hitch, Cat 1 - Simplicity part # 1694391 - $635 list
PTO, rear 540 RPM - Simplicity part # 1694399 - $955 list

The 3-point hitch is raised by the same hydraulics to raise the mid-mount mower deck. It looks pretty east to install.

My dealer would charge significantly more to install the rear PTO. According to the manual, you have to drain the rear transaxle and replace several internal parts, as well as the back cover. It would probably be easier/cheaper to replace the rear axle if you could find a tractor with a blown engine. (At least that is what I was hoping for.)

Hope this helps!:thThumbsU

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK I have researched this for my 2005 Massey Ferguson 2927 LC, which is the same tractor as the Simplicity Legacy XL but red.

The dealer told me that in 2005/2006 the rear PTO/3 pt hitch were an option on the 4x4. Even today, they are optional on the 2wd models. They do come standard with the 4x4 now, though.

3 Point Hitch, Cat 1 - Simplicity part # 1694391 - $635 list
PTO, rear 540 RPM - Simplicity part # 1694399 - $955 list

The 3-point hitch is raised by the same hydraulics to raise the mid-mount mower deck. It looks pretty east to install.

My dealer would charge significantly more to install the rear PTO. According to the manual, you have to drain the rear transaxle and replace several internal parts, as well as the back cover. It would probably be easier/cheaper to replace the rear axle if you could find a tractor with a blown engine. (At least that is what I was hoping for.)

Hope this helps!:thThumbsU
thanks thatis very useful info. I may do the 3pt but I don't forsee needing the pto

1 - 12 of 12 Posts