My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Camaniac
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cub has a simple headlight switch, off-dim-bright. I got an oem rear light harness to install and the diagram I have showed the hot lead to the light hooks to a screw on the switch just under the screw holding the resistor. I hooked the pink (ground) leads up with one going to the dash mount bolt and the other to the ground on the light. This ground was a redundant ground since my rear light grounds itself on the light housing. Any suggestions? The hole that housed the fuse has been replaced with a pull switch, so I could use that if the above mentioned has any problems. The only benefit of course would be that I could run the rear light independent of the headlights.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
I think I'm not seeing a question here! No doubt it's me!

·
Camaniac
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I'm looking for people who have installed thier rear light. I have now 3 different scenarios, one is how I mentioned above, the second was to hook it to the wire that runs the front lights and the third was to power it seperately with the aftermarket switch. My preference would be as original as I am trying to keep all original. Next year she'll be 50 years old and I'd like to get her in the parade in town and have her lookin old school haha.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
You may already have this but here it is and he might help you!
When I was a kid we had an H and a C , seems to me at this late date the rear light was switched by itself!!

If your really stuck I'll call my brother and have him look at his H for you!!

A link about as good as you can find RE farmall's

http://www.ytmag.com/farmall/messages/129740.html

·
Registered
174 Posts
freebird said:
My cub has a simple headlight switch, off-dim-bright. I got an oem rear light harness to install and the diagram I have showed the hot lead to the light hooks to a screw on the switch just under the screw holding the resistor. I hooked the pink (ground) leads up with one going to the dash mount bolt and the other to the ground on the light. This ground was a redundant ground since my rear light grounds itself on the light housing. Any suggestions? The hole that housed the fuse has been replaced with a pull switch, so I could use that if the above mentioned has any problems. The only benefit of course would be that I could run the rear light independent of the headlights.
Try getting the original light switch. I am sure the original switch will have a place for the back light wire to hook to, my others tractors do. If you want it to just turn off and on with the switch you have just wire it to the hot lead on the switch when the switch is in the on postion.
caseman-d

·
Camaniac
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used the screw as shown in the book and it works great. I plan on taking out the extra unused switch and install a oem fuseholder. I curreently have an inline fuse I installed when I put in the new oem electrical harness. I took a bunch of pics and will ftp them up to my isp server. Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
174 Posts
jdkubotamurray said:
On these oldies, I like the switch on the light itself, independent from headlight switch. Even when I added on to a bx2200, I did that way.
Hey that reminds me I do remember old lights that had that on/off switch on them. Did the switch just turn the taillight on or did it turn both on??? It's just been to long ago I just don't remember
:00000060: :00000060: :bonk: :banghead3 :banghead3
caseman-d

1 - 10 of 10 Posts