My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any hookups for rear hydraulics on a BX2660? Even a port to come off of? What would one have to do to a factory model to get enough to say, run a 3ph backhoe?

Thanks,
David

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
David, theres been a few threads by fellows that have done what your asking about.
Do a search for wills670 and you can see how he added a late model 601 backhoe to his BX2200.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=116645&highlight=bx2230+backhoe

Do a search for CHDinCT and you will see how he added the factory dual rear hydraulic kit to his BX1860.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=77749&highlight=bx2230+backho

wills670 mod is very unigue in that he added an OEM BH to a non TLB BX. He made several threads detailing his install. He copied and made up his own brackets etc., VERY nice work.

CHDinCT's install is VERY clean. If the same kit won;t work on your BX2660 I'm sure Kubota makes one for it.

If neither happens along you may try to email them.

Woods also makes a BH kit that will bolt right on up to your BX. The kit includes everything you'd need to bolt in on including the subframe.

You mentioned a 3PH BH? IF so be advised that you'll need additional bracketry to strengthen up the 3ph's top link bracket. There have been some posted reports of the tops of differing Kubota HST's getting destroyed because they didn;t have the reenforcement. I've never seen a 3ph BH on a BX so I'm going to assume that one would probably have to make the brackets up.

Good luck
Dave

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here is a pic. of what I did for mine.
The two hose's shown as supplys are just hooked together with quick connect fittings on the other end of hose's when the bh is not installed. Keep in mine this is a power beyond set up on some of the other bh setups I looked at before I did this they only required the supply line to be feed to the bh and then they feed the ft. loader and the return line is not used like I have in this pic.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How does thiese elegant solutions you guys have come up with compare to, say, the Woods backhoe setup? Which is more reliable and which is cheaper in the long run? If I have to dig the foundation trench to brick our home, I'll need to do one of these. Renting a unit will cost a lot just for this one task due to my inexperience.
Thanks, all!

·
Registered
142 Posts
How does thiese elegant solutions you guys have come up with compare to, say, the Woods backhoe setup? Which is more reliable and which is cheaper in the long run? If I have to dig the foundation trench to brick our home, I'll need to do one of these. Renting a unit will cost a lot just for this one task due to my inexperience.
Thanks, all!
I have around 2700.00 tied up in mine and quite a few hrs., The set up I have is strong and I would like to think it is somewhat equal to the factory as far as strength goes. I can't speak for the woods set up but the price is what made me do mine. I would stay away from the 3 pt. setup it would cost two or three times over if you break the axle housing.

If you are going to be digging beside the foundation of a house you might just want to hire someone. My bh only goes down about 6 ft. and I would think you would have to go deeper than that. And you would need to be very carefull not to damage your foundation.

After you have a bh it may just be a conversation piece and it stays in the way. I know mine sits a lot but when I have needed it it comes in handy. It is a judgement call for you, how much will it be used after the project is over verus rental or contracting the job or jobs out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here is a pic. of what I did for mine.
The two hose's shown as supplys are just hooked together with quick connect fittings on the other end of hose's when the bh is not installed. Keep in mine this is a power beyond set up on some of the other bh setups I looked at before I did this they only required the supply line to be feed to the bh and then they feed the ft. loader and the return line is not used like I have in this pic.
I realize that I am bringing up an old thread here, but is the other hardline (the one with the green tag on it) power beyond from the loader?
I am looking at adding a motor spool valve to our BX2660 for a hydraulic powered Gravely 30" bushhog deck, but would rather it be after the loader valve so that I can use the loader valve to lift/lower the deck even if the deck is on.

Thanks

Aaron Z

1 - 7 of 7 Posts