My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I was "CRS" and backed into the tree stump near the end of the driveway, I replaced the suspension parts I bent. I checked the toe-in the best I can and have about an 1/8" toe-in. Is this normal and will it be all right?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CRS again. 98 Lumina.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it is 1/16". It is an 1/8" difference from rear of tires to front of tires.

·
Super Duper Member
1,471 Posts
It should be easy to adjust. Run a string down both sides of the wheels. Rear toe on my Ford's is adjustable with a cam located at the point where the lower arm piviots on the cross member. I raced front wheel drive cars at my local short track for many years. I did all of my alianments using homemade tools, and gadgets.

·
certified tractor nut
1,424 Posts
on the luminas there isnt a cam bolt but if you loosen the bolt that holds the rear most of the lower bars that go from the frame to the knuckle at the frame you can pry the in or out to adjust the toe

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did that already. That might be how I went for 1/8" to 1/16".
I think it is good enough for my trip. I don't like the good year tires on it anyway.

·
Just passing through
8,419 Posts
Since I was "CRS" and backed into the tree stump near the end of the driveway, I replaced the suspension parts I bent. I checked the toe-in the best I can and have about an 1/8" toe-in. Is this normal and will it be all right?
Take your vehicle in for a full 4 wheel alignment...
http://www.familycar.com/Alignment.htm

·
Super Moderator
31,834 Posts
I as going to get the spec's for you last week, but we had a bunch of guys in the shop on vacation and we were SLAMMED last week!!!!! My other guy at work was out also [just three of us in parts, me and another counter guy, and a driver] so it was busy. If I went out to ask the guys anything, they would have started throwing tools at me!! :D :D

·
Just passing through
8,419 Posts
I as going to get the spec's for you last week, but we had a bunch of guys in the shop on vacation and we were SLAMMED last week!!!!! My other guy at work was out also [just three of us in parts, me and another counter guy, and a driver] so it was busy. If I went out to ask the guys anything, they would have started throwing tools at me!! :D :D
Your mechanics just said DUCK...:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts