My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Got Low Range????
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing an electric lift sleeve hitch on my new Craftsman and was wondering where you guys installed the switch. The easiest place seems to be the dash but for use it might be better on the right fender area.
Thanks for all replies,

·
JD318
990 Posts
:wwp:
I'd stick it in the dash, to keep it out of the way. Might be broken easier on the fender, but it's your preference. Plus, it keeps the holes out of the metal.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I, too, thought the fender may get too much dirt kicked up on it to remain reliable.
But, there is a Craftsman GT owner here that mounted a snowblower chute direction switch in the handle of a fender mounted hydro control..

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I believe I would like to look at what I am raising or lowering while I'm doing it. So, look over your shoulder and down right now. If you looked over your left shoulder, it would be most convenient on the left fender, exactly where your hand would fall while looking over your shoulder. You could substitute the stock switch for one with a rubber boot to keep the dirt out.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I first put mine on the dash but found it was not within reach without leaning forward each time. Ended up moving it to the right fender and raised it up. Much more comfortable to use when watching either forward or backward. If you look at the picture, you will see a place near the back of the fender that was the first location I tried on the fender but it wasn't comfortable when looking forward.

I also considered using a hand held switch to plug in when needed and unplug to put it away when not needed.
The main thing for me was to find a comfortable spot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts