My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been a lurker for a while and have learned a lot. I want to thank everyone for that!

With all the good information I decided to buy a JD 2720 which I am real happy with. I want to get a Rear Blade but I can't decide between a 5' or 6' blade. Some local dealers say I need a 6'. I live on a wooded lot and feel that a 5' would be easier to get around with.

Can anyone with that size tractor tell me what size would be better and if they thought I would be dissapointed with a 5' blade (which is what I'm leaning towards)?

I'm leaning towards a LAND PRIDE RBT 1560. Can anyone tell me if LAND PRIDE equipment will fit the JD I MATCH quick hitch?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
:MTF_wel: :MTF_wel: I have a 6' Frontier on my 2520 and works great!! Now mostly all I do with mine is push snow, but some times a little dirt work in the summer. BTW, IMO get one with a tilt, I remove the tilt pin in the winter and makes the blade float side to side, less side digging if one side hits a high spot. :bannana:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pocomoke,
Based on the fact that you said you have to maneuver around trees, I'd go with the 5' blade. I have a Kubota BX 1500 with a 5' blade and sometimes I really have to be careful when driving in close quarters. If you find its not enough after awhile you can always sell or trade the 5'.
Redstart97

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Hi,

I've been a lurker for a while and have learned a lot. I want to thank everyone for that!

With all the good information I decided to buy a JD 2720 which I am real happy with. I want to get a Rear Blade but I can't decide between a 5' or 6' blade. Some local dealers say I need a 6'. I live on a wooded lot and feel that a 5' would be easier to get around with.

Can anyone with that size tractor tell me what size would be better and if they thought I would be dissapointed with a 5' blade (which is what I'm leaning towards)?

I'm leaning towards a LAND PRIDE RBT 1560. Can anyone tell me if LAND PRIDE equipment will fit the JD I MATCH quick hitch?

Thanks
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Here's a link to some pics of a RBT1572 on my 2320. IMO it is the perfect size for my use which is mostly snow removal and was going to be used for driveway leveling till I got the Frontier BB2060 Box Blade..

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=66873

I think you would not be happy for very long getting the 1560 for a tractor that big. I don't find it hard to manouver the blade at all, just have to be careful like always and be aware of your surroundings and hazzards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts