My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
16,762 Posts
Mike, you need this for the sticks. It will save your back. The grippers at the end are way better than any others I've tried or seen. I have the 28" one and it is just a tad short. You are taller. Get the 40" long one on Amazon. (y)
View attachment 2497278

Tell me more about that gripper-Al...

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,486 Posts
PM sent, Glenn.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Mike, I think Ellis is biting off more than he can chew, at your pace you will be done before he has the next bit of progress on his posted. As my dad would say, "he has two gears, slow and reverse!" :)
At least we don't see Ellis doing things three or four times to get it right. That is more than I can say about the person typing this these day.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,157 Posts
Mike, you need this for the sticks. It will save your back. The grippers at the end are way better than any others I've tried or seen. I have the 28" one and it is just a tad short. You are taller. Get the 40" long one on Amazon. (y)
View attachment 2497278
Hey....I saw those grippers before. Dave and Tim have one. They said they use it to put their socks on.

Mike, I think Ellis is biting off more than he can chew, at your pace you will be done before he has the next bit of progress on his posted. As my dad would say, "he has two gears, slow and reverse!" :)
Sounds a lot like what Dave said............just before he dropped off my case of brewskis from the bet I won after I finished the Custom before he finished(or even started on) his Phantom :LOL:

At least we don't see Ellis doing things three or four times to get it right. That is more than I can say about the person typing this these day.
Yup, that's when mistakes are made.......when you're too busy worrying about what somebody else is doing instead of taking care of your own business. Kids these days, what are ya gonna do?

·
Super Moderator
12,744 Posts
Hey....I saw those grippers before. Dave and Tim have one. They said they use it to put their socks on.

They also work well when retrieving beverages from the coffee table while watching TV. They only make it harder to drink them.

Sounds a lot like what Dave said............just before he dropped off my case of brewskis from the bet I won after I finished the Custom before he finished(or even started on) his Phantom :LOL:

Since the contest isn't officially over until the Custom is painted, I figure I still have many years to finish the Phantom and *STILL*win. Hope you still have those brewskis!

·
Administrator
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
OK new TCV all hooked up (almost). The new lines fit great

and moving the valve back the 7/8" did the trick to get the return line back in place. Not only that w/ a slightly longer piece of hose, 4" is called for but got a piece of 6" from my hydraulic guy and cut to make it fit which ended up being 5". The four might have been enough but first of all I had top slice it to get it off and you can always make them smaller but stretching bigger just don't get it done.

And if you notice, there is now a gap between the line where it comes around the engine. There wasn't before.

And now for those of you that may have noticed the empty fitting on the right side of the TCV... well that's the "almost" that I mentioned. I knew about the leaks in the motor hydro tubes which I remedied, but while looking at the area around the pump and line behind the dash I found this.

After taking it out and flexing the hose it turned into this.

New one ordered and on the way.
MikeC

·
Super Moderator
35,219 Posts
OK new TCV all hooked up (almost). The new lines fit great
View attachment 2497435

View attachment 2497436

and moving the valve back the 7/8" did the trick to get the return line back in place. Not only that w/ a slightly longer piece of hose, 4" is called for but got a piece of 6" from my hydraulic guy and cut to make it fit which ended up being 5". The four might have been enough but first of all I had top slice it to get it off and you can always make them smaller but stretching bigger just don't get it done.
View attachment 2497438

And if you notice, there is now a gap between the line where it comes around the engine. There wasn't before.

And now for those of you that may have noticed the empty fitting on the right side of the TCV... well that's the "almost" that I mentioned. I knew about the leaks in the motor hydro tubes which I remedied, but while looking at the area around the pump and line behind the dash I found this.
View attachment 2497442

After taking it out and flexing the hose it turned into this.
View attachment 2497444

New one ordered and on the way.
MikeC
Glad you caught it before it was all back together and then started to leak!!! Murphy was getting ready for you and you caught him!

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,486 Posts
Good catch on the hose, Mike. I can almost hear you from here if you had it all together and then the hose broke.

·
Administrator
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
You're certainly right about that Al. As it is I have put in and taken out the valve, lines and associated fittings four times.:( All because if you don't put it all together in just the right order, one of the things you just hooked up blocks something that you still have to.:mad: Of course there's no step by step in any of the two manuals I have so... mistakes have been made!:eek:
Of course the good news is that the entire system is still empty so at least there won't be any crying over spilled milk - (oil!)
All I know is I'll be glad to get out from under this thing. There just isn't enough room for me and my big hands in the tiny space between the rails.
Just plugging along and hopefully this thing will turn out fine in the overall scheme of things.:)
MikeC

61 - 70 of 70 Posts