My Tractor Forum banner

Would you be intrested in purchasing a plug in play set of lights?

• Yes

Votes: 138 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 10.4%
1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The snow is coming and I am getting a 49 blower and have a 54" plow. Over this summer i did cut the lawn a bit at night. Those stock headlights are pretty bad. My friend and I deciede to build some LED headlights for my JD 318. (not ebay specials) Let me know what you think.

F-stop 3.5 Exposure Time: 1/10

F-stop 3.5 Exposure Time: 1/3

·
Murph
1,933 Posts
The snow is coming and I am getting a 49 blower and have a 54" plow. Over this summer i did cut the lawn a bit at night. Those stock headlights are pretty bad. My friend and I deciede to build some LED headlights for my JD 318. (not ebay specials) Let me know what you think.
How did you do this?

·
Registered
52 Posts
any ideas on where or how to get these LED's ?????:thThumbsU

·
Registered
383 Posts
That actually turned out pretty good- you were able to overcome the reflector (or lack there of) problem. What did you use?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Night and day difference. Great job with the lights.

·
Registered
30 Posts
nice lights but your neigbors must hate you for mowing so late

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Now those are the first truly usable LEDs in 1156 bases I've seen. Thanks for the detailed pictures with the exposure info. That really helps put things into perspective.

·
Super Moderator
34,574 Posts
Wow, those really light things up pretty good! Better than the LED's I'm using that's for sure.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,443 Posts
Nice improvement!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I priced LED replacement bulbs a while back at our local parts store.... $82/PAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... After I got myself up off the floor, I walked out while saying 'you already know my answer...'

·
Tractor nut, general nut
461 Posts
Awesome improvement!! I'll ditto the request on your bulb source.. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
52 Posts
1 - 20 of 293 Posts