My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
TECH Exchange Contributor!
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave the lawn the last mowing this weekend and then started changing over the tractors to my winter configuration.
This year I have the new 23 hp Legacy in the mix so I decided to leave my older 20 hp unit with the FEL on it. That one will really just sit in storage in the corner of the garage but it will be ready to go if it really gets crazy with snow.
The last two years I have had to change the tractor over to FEL at least once to dig my way out though 5-6' tall drifts.

Since we all like pictures here are some of the new tractor and the whole setup of tractors.

This is one mean looking snow blower at this angle. It is a 47" two stage unit. I think it will work better on this tractor with a little more hp on it.

Side view showing the new ballast box I made for the tractor. I put 200 lbs of ballast in there. (actually about 6 gallons of nice small screws that were just being scrapped at work).

Here is the whole group. I cleared out the garage so I could sweep the floor and I thought it was a perfect time to take a group picture.
Right to left is 25 hp Agco Allis with 60" plow, 20 hp Legacy with 48" FEL and 23 hp Legacy with 47" 2 stage blower.

Rear view of the tractors showing ballast boxes and chains. I only have two set of chains so I put the Ag tires with the FEL as it will likely not be used.
I have an extra set of 50 lbs suitcase weights coming for the Agco to fill up the weight rack to 300 lbs.

Now that I am all ready I assume it will be a Wisconsin winter with almost no snowfall :fing32:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Wow, you are really ready for snow removal. Must be hard to decide which one you are going to use each time you go out to clean the driveway. Nice fleet by the way. :fing32:

·
Premium Member
9,785 Posts
Great looking setup, you're ready for anything! Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Nice fleet you have there Alan.

·
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now you need cabs on 'em!
That is something I am considering on the snow blower machine at least. Currently I suit up in full winter gear with full hood and skiing goggles. It works OK but it is still darn cold when you get a pile of snow in your face :crybaby:
I rarely see them used around here so I am considering to fab something up over the winter as a project. I am not much of a fabricator but I am slowly learning and can at least do simple welding and assembly.

Wow, you are really ready for snow removal. Must be hard to decide which one you are going to use each time you go out to clean the driveway. Nice fleet by the way. :fing32:
Yes, I do feel very spoiled with this group. It is something I have worked hard for though as they have all been purchased used in pretty dirty and somewhat broken condition. After a lot of work (a big portion described on MTF) they are now all in excellent condition.

Anyway I usually use the plow unit the most - it is the fastest to make the driveway passable - and time counts at 5 AM in the morning. If there are bigger drifts of snow I will use the snow blower. I also often use the plow in the morning to get through and then use the snow blower in the afternoon to clear the full with of the driveway.
The FEL is only used when we get crazy snow. We have had that several times the last 2 years though. 6' drifts of rock hard snow pretty much shut me in for about a day. One time I had to get to work for an emergency and I blew a path over the grass, around the big drifts and then made my way in the truck. When I got home I spent 3+ hours with the FEL to get it all cleared up.

·
Not so junior poster
271 Posts
Is that an adjustable choke cable for the chute adjustment?
How long did you need and where did you purchase?
The bracket fabricated?

·
Registered
632 Posts
watch OUT winter! - cheeze that's super sweet set up!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
Nice setup! Your Simplicitys always amaze me :)

·
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is that an adjustable choke cable for the chute adjustment?
How long did you need and where did you purchase?
The bracket fabricated?
That is the OEM setup actually. On the right hand is a spring the pushes chute open or up. On the left is the cable that pulls it down. The handle is on the left hand side of the tractor. Pull to get the right angle and twist to lock it in position. The setup is unchanged but it is a new spring and cable as the old cable and spring were broken when I bought it used.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Great fleet! Too early to talk about snow! Hopefully!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Sweet Fleet:thThumbsU How do you decide on which one to use:trink40: slkpk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great looking group of Simps. I have a Prestige, but use it just for mowing. I use a couple of IH tractors for snow duty, one with a blower & the other with a blade. James..

·
Coach John
106 Posts
Just finishing the touches on my 6212, and your fleet can handle almost anything our WI winters throw our way. Added rear lights to mine this year as I'm also out at 4:30am getting cleared off or after work about 6:30pm. Just need a measuring stick to see what you have to do and have done.....LOL

·
Registered
149 Posts
So how did you convince your wife that you needed 3 Legacys? Let me know you secret and I'l try if on my wife...:sidelaugh

1 - 20 of 24 Posts