My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I bid on a fixer upper Craftsman I thought was only a few miles up the road. I won it last night. Look and I have to pick it up in Greentown PA! That is over 80 miles from here! There goes the cheap price! LOL
I have the wheels handy so no issue. I'll posat pics of the new bird when it gets here tomorrow. For now, here is the add I bought it from!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Craftsman-2...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Grand, read further down!! You made same mistake I did!! He states lower "located in Greentown PA" !! I thought even with drive, still worth it! I'll let you know!

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
That's a pretty poor job of writing the ad.

Looks like it is well worth your bid plus a drive, though! Buy the grader blade and get the tractor for free.

Don't forget to bring a set of rear wheels with you!

·
Registered
716 Posts
wow, hope it works out for you, i learned years ago to scan and scan anything i want on ebay. fell for this once myself, i doubt you will ever fall for it again

good luck
:drunkie:

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I learned a lesson for sure. I am taking mom and dad with me! Make it a nice Sunday drive! I drive for a living and this is on one of my routine routes. Be good ride for parents, and stop at PA Walmart,taxes are less than NY! ;)

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a pretty poor job of writing the ad.

Looks like it is well worth your bid plus a drive, though! Buy the grader blade and get the tractor for free.

Don't forget to bring a set of rear wheels with you!
Hi Oo, got home tonight and took the tires off my Big Green Craftsman GT18! This way I know they hold air and roll! ;)

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked it up this morning, looks ok. The deck has issues and the front tires was replaced as soon as we got home so we could push it around. We got it to run on gas down throat of carb AFTER fixing the PO hooking battery up backwards! Had no gas cap, so probably full of water. The Deck sits real off ,might be broken,or hanger broke. Glad I brought those tires! It rolls good thank God! Seems heavy machine! The rear pan is riveted back together?? We have one from a Poulan we might use to replace it. Any idea on the plow? We think it might be for rear dirt use? The model numbers are gone on it. This tractors number is 917.273041. What is it? A Dyt? The owners manual online not from Sears ( guess Sears thinks it is too old? Not listed in parts lookup. ) Didn't tell me. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
9,913 Posts
Got it running? That's a major step in the right direction.

The smaller plow in your pic is a rear blade for a sleeve hitch (which I don't see on the tractor itself). Unsure on the other plow, probably a snow plow.

Sometimes, model numbers that don't come up in Parts Direct are Canadian models. DYT is Deluxe Yard Tractor, basically a lawn tractor with extra trim, sometimes upgraded engines and/or decks. Someone here may be able to give you better specifics.

Hope this helps. Nice score!

Mike

BTW, nice tractor lift! What make/model is that?

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi mike. The big plow is from another tractor,not this one. The little plow came with this tractor. I would like to know what model this machine is, ie Dyt? Gt? Just curios!
The lift is really a autolift! A Bendpack MD-6x! It is rated for 6000# and lifts our cars. It works well for tractors as you can see!

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update! The fuel tank was full of water and it got into carb a bit. We rigged a fuel tank temporary onto it. When the water got out of bowl of carb,ran pretty good! Needs a cleaning or adjustment of carb. I tried the transaxle,just moaned. Maybe needs purging? We will try another day! Good to see it ran good though!! :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks guys! I learned a lesson for sure. I am taking mom and dad with me! Make it a nice Sunday drive! I drive for a living and this is on one of my routine routes. Be good ride for parents, and stop at PA Walmart,taxes are less than NY! ;)
Where are you located? Im in greenville near port jervis! Good to know theres other local guys to swap parts and brainstorm with lol

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi jason! I am in Wurtsboro off RTE 17Q . We are down off RTE 209. Not too far from you!

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We got the engine running nice after flushing tank. The trans purging didn't work. I got to check fluid level, might be low. The engine sounds good, needs carb adjustment. Not bad for $25!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Good stuff! You should stop by one day and check out my newest machine. I posted it on the picture thread.

Sent from the MTF Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts