My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Introduction

Hello from Ireland. I have a Ford 4000 that I bought at the local auction and it has been great. I have replaced most things and it was starting great, but at the moment I have a problem that I have yet encountered so found this forum which looks very active and informative.

The tractor cuts my 3 acre field every two weeks.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts

Nice to having someone from across the pond, any problems we are here to help each other. But you gotta post pics, unofficial rule...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

It is a Ford 4000 Diesel 3 cyl built in 1972. I uploaded a picture which hopefully will show on the left. I bought it for 1700 Euro which is very cheap here. It needed lots of small work; total rewire; new sensors everywhere, new starter, lugs, silencer, lights, cables, Arms and linkage. The transmission, brakes, engine, hydraulics, battery, were all good which is where the costs would be. I bought pieces of a cab and reconditioned it, but have not bothered to attach it yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts

the elctrical on this should be fairly easy, did you get a manual for it by chance? meaning a service manual?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I bought a new wiring harness but there are no real plans out there in manuals or not. I eventually figured out each wire and all works. If anyone has an problem with it, I have pictures and a wiring map somewhere safe. You know how easy that is to find!

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,564 Posts

It is a Ford 4000 Diesel 3 cyl built in 1972. I uploaded a picture which hopefully will show on the left. I bought it for 1700 Euro which is very cheap here. It needed lots of small work; total rewire; new sensors everywhere, new starter, lugs, silencer, lights, cables, Arms and linkage. The transmission, brakes, engine, hydraulics, battery, were all good which is where the costs would be. I bought pieces of a cab and reconditioned it, but have not bothered to attach it yet.
I posted your picture to the left. (Avatar its called)..

Anymore pictures??

·
Registered
643 Posts

Welcome aboard mweissie from Ireland!! You have a beautiful country.

When that Ford 4000 gives you problems, let us know here at MTF. Somebody will be able to help you out.

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you are already very capable in the electrical and mechanicals of tractors. However, if you run up on something you don't know, like the other have said post it and someone will help you out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts