My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
I would think 2 grand is a steal considering I've sold some walk-behinds for near that price. Seems like the GMT is almost on par with a CUT more than a lawn and garden unit.
I total beast of a machine, complete with a face only a mother could love.

I'd like to hear that motor, I think Helix's vids always had the mower running....

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,747 Posts
I'd like to hear that motor, I think Helix's vids always had the mower running....

Just from memory, but aren't they Continental engines? And wasn't Renault involved somehow?

·
I have G.A.S.
1,567 Posts
That deck looks different than mine.

My engine runs great but if it crapped I'd go diesel.
$2k is not a bad price, it's a very versatile machine. With all the work I've done to mine, including purchase, I have about $2500 into it.
The hydraulic steering is a treat to use as well as the steering brakes.
When I get home I'll shoot a little video of it without the mower running.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=118862

·
Banned
647 Posts
C u t = ???

[Why can't I get the three letters in CUT to be all caps? I guess that if it's the first word in the sentence, then it can't be all caps? Anyway, CUT = ???]

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
I worked for Malvese when those came out, they were constantly in the shop for repairs and updates. The engine was not a true industrial engine, it had a belt driven governor as I recall. It was a Renault based engine- "Only buy a French car if you live in France".

·
I have G.A.S.
1,567 Posts
I worked for Malvese when those came out, they were constantly in the shop for repairs and updates. The engine was not a true industrial engine, it had a belt driven governor as I recall. It was a Renault based engine- "Only buy a French car if you live in France".
Yeah, the governor setup stinks. I've owned a few Renaults over the years & the engines were the only good part. Very low tech & old school but reliable.

·
CalifornianGravelynator
4,330 Posts
looks great

·
I have G.A.S.
1,567 Posts
I see the CL listing has expired.
Anyhow, speaking of French cars.....
This is my current ride, a rental while I am working in Uruguay.
It's a Citroen Picasso. 2.0 L, 5 speed, low end torque almost like diesel. It's more like a low end Corolla than a Camry, it's pretty nice to drive. Bluetooth communications, front & rear air, 5 ashtrays, no cruise control & not 1 darn cup holder.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
It's a Citroen Picasso. 2.0 L, 5 speed, low end torque almost like diesel. It's more like a low end Corolla than a Camry, it's pretty nice to drive. Bluetooth communications, front & rear air, 5 ashtrays, no cruise control & not 1 darn cup holder.

No 2CV, no care. ;)

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts

NO CUP HOLDER!?! :swow: No wonder they can't sell those things in the USA!

Isn't a cup holder a mandatory safety device here?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I didn't know that Citroen was still around. It's actually a decent looking car. Sure beats the heck out of a Le Car.

·
I have G.A.S.
1,567 Posts
My point exactly!

Wait a minute! 5 ash trays? Don't they grow a lot of pot down there? :fing20:
I think growing weed way down here would be like trying to grow it in S. Dakota or someplace else too far from the equator.
But Joe Camel is alive & well here!
Citroen is also alive & well nearly everywhere but the US. This 1 was manufactured in Spain, another country with limited to no smoking laws.
I think it's pointy headlights make it look like poke'mon. So far, the only place to get this new model here is to rent it thru Avis. Anyone driving 1 is automatically identified as a tourist & subjected to constant, "Hey American, please by my hand made crap that is really from China."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts