My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a Ransomes twin trak model XT2030 R on which the right drive wheel will not operate either forward or reverse but the left side works fine. I don't know much about this type of zero turn mower and I don't know how to go about fixing this problem. Any advice would be helpful. Is the mower even worth fixing? Motor runs good and only has 250 hrs on the meter. I found a parts manual but have not been able to find an operators manual. If anyone has advice on where to find one or can email me one, please let me know.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just a shot in the dark. Does the right side free-wheel and the left does not? There usually is a lever or mechanism to open any-pass valve on hydro drives to allow a mower to free-wheel roll. Maybe that valve is open on the right side? Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a shot in the dark. Does the right side free-wheel and the left does not? There usually is a lever or mechanism to open any-pass valve on hydro drives to allow a mower to free-wheel roll. Maybe that valve is open on the right side? Just a thought

Yes the right wheel is free wheeling and the left is not, but I do not have an operator manual to tell me where the valve is to re-ingage the right side wheel hydraulics. My parts manual does not show a hydraulics release valve, but there must be one. I just don't have an operator manual to show me where the release valve is.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Those I have seen are near the valve attached to the control levers. Might study the two sides and look for something in a different place on the right versus left. They usually are spring loaded to default to the operations mode and have a catch or mechanism to hold it in the free-wheel position.
Without a manual, winging it like this may work out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found two tubes sticking up under the seat. I squeezed them together and locked them together with the attached chain link and discovered both wheels were free-wheeling. When I lowered the chain link and spread the tubes apart, the left wheel engaged but the right one still free-wheels. Since it free-wheels constantly, I suspect the pump might be bad. I don't know if the pump can be repaired or even replaced since it is so old. I may just have to retire the mower to the scrap yard. Does this forum ever have anyone selling a zero turn mower? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree sounds like the drive has a problem. Could be the manual relief valve, if really lucky. I have owned old Grasshopper mowers for 25 years and never had to repair one of the drives. I know the dealers want to say they can't be repaired but I also know somewhere there is someone to work on anything. Challenge is finding them when you need them. Not sure of that step at the moment.

·
'52 Ford 8N
449 Posts
Curious what you ended up doing with it ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts