My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To open your cars doors and a garage door opener. I have been thinking about this a lot as I would really like to get rid of the many remotes I have to carry around. I have a remote for the Buick, a remote to control the garage door opener and both are on the key chain and the buttons are being pressed all the time when I wear my jeans. The biggest issue I have with all these remotes is the fact that with 10 or so keys and both of these remotes it is really annoying and makes for me trying to find a bigger pocket.

I already carry a iPhone and I would love to have one app that would work on the cars to unlock the car and lock it and then on the same app to have it open my garage. Guess that it is wishful thinking on my part to get rid of the remotes but something for maybe a computer guru to figure out.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Michael, it's not your iPhone you need an app for, but but a new garage door opener. My new opener can be controlled by my smart phone IF I hook the opener up to the internet.

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My garage is detached so my wifi does reach out there and my garage door opener is a new Chamberlain, HUMMMM I think it is time to see what Chamberlain has on its website.

I do know that Sears has a wifi garage door opener and the Sears unit looks just like the Chamberlain unit that i have right down to the remotes.

Edit: Nope it is not the same as the Sears unit. No wifi on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts