My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says here are a few random pictures of the tractor I'm rehabbing. Current work is to finish stripping the hood - the old paint that had not flaked off is h-a-r-d -- and tidying up some odds and ends. Thanks to Marc for the nice dash panel. That looks much better than the buggered piece I had. It even came with a momentary switch we hooked up to the horn that was on this tractor. How random is that?

Will hold off on stripping/painting the fenders until it gets warmer and drier. Besides, I've got some work to do and need this machine to get it done!

http://ralphlord.squarespace.com/tractor-pics/some-random-pics/

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yep, it has lived an un-pampered life. The frame repairs are the yuckiest. Once I get some grinding and sanding and painting done, it'll look way more better. If I could find a cheap donor machine (like that $50 one up in PA with no motor or trans) I'd just replace the rails and the various rods which have had their clevises or adjusters welded. Oh, well, that's part of the fun!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Man that hack job from the PO reminds me of my nuclear days and what we would say about the non-nukes. The non-nuke credo "Cut to suit, hammer to fit, paint to match".
Good for you on taking on the task of fixing her up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.