My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enough already. Just a little break would be nice. Thanks.

·
Registered
639 Posts
:ditto: from Pennsylvania. I know we need the rain, but could we spread it out a little??? I have a long weekend coming, and planned a lot of work, but at this rate, I'll never get caught up!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Gentlemen, I have to say amen as well. I think that I might just go ahead and bale my yard and try to make a little money off of it.

·
Administrator
12,620 Posts
:ditto: :ditto: in Massachusetts. I'm hosting 35 family and friends on Saturday and am hoping to keep the party out in the yard. So far the temp looks good at 70 but hit or miss on the rain. Oh yeah, the lawn needs to be mowed as well. Here's hoping..:trink39:

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,403 Posts
Haven't really seen the sun here since middle of last week sometime and according to forecast, we won't see it until Sunday.:praying:

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
We have had some flooding in the Charleston area here too. Thankfully, no wash-outs around me though.

Stay safe.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
I hate to knock the rain but enough all ready. It has been raining for a week here and nothing but rain in the forecast.
Roads are flooding. Cattle are looking for high ground. I had hoped to finish planting my garden the 1st of May but it has not stopped. I am afraid what is all ready planted will be washed away. Next Tuesday is the first day they are calling for no rain and that will probably change. Should be a good hay year.

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
We have had a little over 3 inches this month, if it were a pour down wouldnt be so bad , but! a drizzle, a few 10th at a time or all the time.
I did a wet grass cut yesterday,the 2210 blows the grass out pretty good , no clumping of grass.
We will be wanting rain soon though .:thThumbsU

·
Registered
19 Posts
For a while, I thought we were living in Seattle. :fing20:

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For a while, I thought we were living in Seattle. :fing20:
Funny you should mention that. I have relatives in the Seattle area(Auburn) and from what they tell me when it rains there it's more like a mist....not real rain. They have come here before a wished for a real "Southern storm" so they could see what REAL rain is all about ;)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yup, looks like the wettish pattern is locked in for a few days, think some relief is in store for next week for most folks. Looking for the window for the first cut.

Attached is the forecast for total rainfall accumulating through the next 3 days as from http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/day1-3.shtml.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Same here in Northern Iowa, folks. Intermittent showers with brief periods of downpours! Basement is starting to seep a little at the edges too. Time to polish up the woodworking skills for that ark I should be planning to build! I can't believe I've got a week off of work this week, so nothing gets done outside. Would'nt you know that when I head back to work next week, the weather guy is calling for a "pleasant and sunny week in store". Go figure.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Wood stove on 40ºt nights, rain/mist/rain, awaiting some predicted thunder storms for the next 2 days... But I walked to town today and didn't need the Gortex... Got 15 containers of canna rhizomes and 4 container tomatoes planted and an entire new flower bed made before the rains. I'm now waiting for that hot bright light thing that is supposed to be in the sky every now and then... (And in a couple months my well will be going dry as usual.):ROF

·
Registered
444 Posts
We had some breaks of sun today in CT, first time in 10 days or so. Everyone in the neighborhood is mowing grass. Rain is starting up again tonight.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
I got a break in the rain today .. to be able to mow .. my front lawn was so *** high and thick .. that I decided to use the rider to mow it .. that's a first for me .. I always use the push mower out front and bag the clippings ...

:sorry1:

The entire time I was mowing the THICK grass .. I was humming this tune !! One of Edwards favorites !!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrL9MV6jSk :Stop:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts