My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With all this rain I haven’t been able to spray for weeds or spread fertilizer. Iv barely been able to mow the grass between the rain drops. But I have been getting up on all the garage and mower maintenance. And the garden is doing well, just a little weedy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Parts collector
2,761 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. Between tractors not working and all the rain my yard is a hay field. :tango_face_crying:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to mow in the rain a few times. I didn’t not enjoy those mows

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Mowed the lawn and put up some hay last week. Still have more to go. Might be done with the first mowing of all of it by fall if it keeps raining.

·
Administrator
16,716 Posts
Beef farmer across the street got some hay put away two wks ago when had a four day stretch of dry weather. Round rolls all wrapped. Says he's usually done by now with first mow but only has about a quarter of what he usually gets. A bit of concern as now in middle of June with another week of no dry weather in sight. At least last yr he got enough put away, just didn't haul them back to farm from the outlying fields. Left them wrapped along the edge since ran out of time. All this spring he'd be going past with his trailer of six rolls at a time every couple of days. Needless to say he's a bit worried about how this yr is going.
MikeC

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes coming from a farming family background it’s going to be tuff on every body this year. It is officially the wettest year on record here in Ohio

·
Registered
727 Posts
Also in Ohio. My goal is just to not have to bail my yard.

I've given up on trying to make it look nice this year.

I see a lot of farm Fields not planted I really feel for those guys.

·
Senior Moment
3,215 Posts
I'm in Ohio too... The rain is far from over.

I seem to have gotten less than some surrounding areas but it's pretty wet out there.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also in Ohio. My goal is just to not have to bail my yard.

I've given up on trying to make it look nice this year.

I see a lot of farm Fields not planted I really feel for those guys.

Yea all but gave up on the making the lawn beautiful this yea. The weeds have taken over and I hope it will be better in the fall. July/August is around the corner and those months used to be the driest. Can’t walk outside with out the ground squishing. The water has no place to go most of Ohio is afloat. I should have bought a boat instead of a truck

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Was dry enough this week there was some planting done. I presume soybeans. A bit late for corn unless chewing it up for feed and dry ears are of no concern. There are still plenty of fields untouched and more rain coming for the next few days. I need to get some more hay cut and put up but do not want it rained on while down. Grass needs to be cut before to dries to the point of being just filler. It looks like I have about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haying at this point is a risky game. Iv already herd of two barn fires in my area

1 - 11 of 11 Posts