My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
tomboy
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can remember growing up on the farm our tractors having a radio either in the cab or fender mount. Spending countless hrs going back and forth it really helped. Looking at my GC2400, no spot for a fender mount, no cab, but wanted a radio installed some where. Looking on line for a weatherproof radio, prices shocked me. My idea, ammo box mounted to the rops and speakers mounted to the sides. Total investment less than $150 including paint to make it match.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm afraid tractor radios have taken a backseat to the more convenient & cheaper mp3 player!

·
tomboy
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was thinking of the headphone style but the heat in the summer makes your ears sweat and the winter with a hat and hood on, no thanks. also thought about mp3 player with ear buds, move the wrong way and they get pulled out. thinking the way i did it covered all bases. thanks for all the input though.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
was thinking of the headphone style but the heat in the summer makes your ears sweat and the winter with a hat and hood on, no thanks. also thought about mp3 player with ear buds, move the wrong way and they get pulled out. thinking the way i did it covered all bases. thanks for all the input though.
The headphones may be hot, but they also protect your hearing. Playing a radio louder than the machine is mighty hard on the hearing and people will mistake you for a Harley rider.:sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I agree with you guys regarding headphones - they're helpful for listening to sermons / music / podcasts while working in the yard AND if my wife calls me, it rings in the headphones so I can hear it and not miss her call. Now, that may be seen as a blessing or a curse, depending on your situation ;-)

Tom

·
Registered
281 Posts
I agree with you guys regarding headphones - they're helpful for listening to sermons / music / podcasts while working in the yard AND if my wife calls me, it rings in the headphones so I can hear it and not miss her call. Now, that may be seen as a blessing or a curse, depending on your situation ;-)

Tom
yeah not so sure about that, if you cant have solace mowing the lawn...

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Would a housing like this be of interest to you. Would take almost any radio and speakers. I was thinking of mounting it to my Z-turn mower. Wouldn't take much to make it weather tight, my equipment is stored indoors no worries unless the wifey decides to wash it down with the hose (Don't ask!:dunno: ). Plus wouldn't take much to make a quick attachment mount with push plugs for the wiring so it can be removed and installed in a couple of mins.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Honda-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cd1b346fb&vxp=mtr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts