My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I need to change the radiator fluid in my 332. I just checked it last night, it looks ugly in the radiator. I read the manual last night, it suggested using some radiator cleaner (John Deere).. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with this stuff, is it something that I can pick up at a Auto store, and is it even needed? Also, it states that I can use a Glycol mixed radiator fluid, so Prestone (the Green stuff) will work, right?

And if any one has done this, was there any surprises?

Thanks!!

·
MTF Member
255 Posts
I just tried some radiator flush on my 345 a few weeks ago. It worked "ok" and you can pick it up at any automotive parts store. I would probably still have the radiator steamed/cleaned by a shop if its bad.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have to see how hard it'll be to pull it out..... Seems to be a tight squeeze to get to everything. Tonight I think I am going to try and flush it, see how that goes. Just wanted to make sure that the flush fluid, etc, would not damage a radiator. And that the standard radiator fluid would work...

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I completed the flush of the radiator, and replaced the fluid with some new fluid.... However, I now have a leak coming from the small plastic valve on the bottom of the radiator (the one which is attached to the hose, and that you turn and release the fluid in the radiator). Does anyone know if that part is replaceable? Looks like I am going to have to pull the radiator completely out now, so frustrating. One step forward, 2 backwards....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts