1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Of what help do you seek?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
yes they did at one time make a high compression head and yes they still make dual exhaust. No it won't make it any faster heee heeee:trink40: You could however drop in an old Lincoln V12 and have lots of fun at tractor pulls and get speeding tickets. :trink39:

·
Registered
786 Posts
I doubt if it would go much faster,That old flathead Lincoln doesn't turn much faster than the 4 cyl and you know it's RPM that makes speed!Now if you used a small block Chevy and kept it at 7500 and added a Sherman OD,you might get it to 25 MPH!tee hee:sidelaugh

·
Registered
508 Posts
Just make sure your tires don't have fluid in them for weight (or anything else). A farmer's brother down the street (when I was a kid) put his tractor in nutural and let it cost down a hill. Well it bucked him off and crushed him (killed him) I remember everone saying he knew better than that but I had no clue. So I was scared to go down hills to fast on my bike even untill I heard the next week (after I asked my dad if that could happen with me on my bike ) then he told me he had fluid in his rear tires.:fing20:

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,564 Posts
I doubt if it would go much faster,That old flathead Lincoln doesn't turn much faster than the 4 cyl and you know it's RPM that makes speed!Now if you used a small block Chevy and kept it at 7500 and added a Sherman OD,you might get it to 25 MPH!tee hee:sidelaugh
They still look cool...:thThumbsU

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ford 8N problems, sorry for the delay, I'm old and couldn't figure out this computer thing...So, this is the situation, I changed the diff oil and put 5 gallons of 134D as recommended by the tractor supply . I understand the manual says straight 90. Now the lift operation will not let me set a height needed for my brush hog, the lift goes up fully and will hold, position will go down with a jolt but will not hold the proper height. It moves, I can tug on the control spring and continually adjust height but it won't stay where I need it. The tractor had been sitting for 6 months and did have a bunch of water in the old diff oil. So, the change to 134 D may not be the reason. Any help very appreciated. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts