My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday night we lost one of the greatest men i have ever known. george was my cousin but more like a Dad/special Uncle to me. he was my mom's double first cousin, their dads were brothers and their moms were sisters. my real Dad was not around when i was younger and george made sure to spend as much time with me as he could to help make up for that. George taught me to hunt and fish, taught me right from wrong, and taught me that every action had a consequence be it good or bad. He was always there for me no matter what.

every time i saw him over the last few years he begged me to come to hunting camp with him, but with my own family now i just did not have the time to go or at least i thought i did not. now i will never get the chance again.

He was also an excellent bass player and from his travels was well loved by folks all over the world. i do not know what we will do now without his music at our family gatherings.

We were honored to have his original bandmates and his closest buddies from deer camp there to carry him to his final resting place. i thought it a very fitting tribute that his best friend of over 40 years sang "May the circle be unbroken", he almost could not do it but i am glad he did.

R.I.P. George Allen, every person that ever met you loved you.

·
CalifornianGravelynator
4,330 Posts
my condolences and prayers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts