My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I was just on ebay looking for a quik hitch for my 2305 . Hoping to find something cheaper than imatch ($300.00). And i came across quik hitches
that just fit on lift arms simple and much cheaper 85-95 bucks was wondering if anyone has them or used them .

Thanks, Hunter-63

·
Registered
232 Posts
:Welcome1:

Try this item on ebay, its the same thing as the I-match, only about $200 bucks cheaper. Check out this item on ebay # 230342596939 This is the way I wish I would have gone. :goodl:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hello all,
I was just on ebay looking for a quik hitch for my 2305 . Hoping to find something cheaper than imatch ($300.00). And i came across quik hitches
that just fit on lift arms simple and much cheaper 85-95 bucks was wondering if anyone has them or used them .

Thanks, Hunter-63
The big advantage of the imatch style hitch is that you can change implements without leaving the tractor seat. Other systems that do not address the top link are not as convenient.
The disadvantage is that your implements have to be compatible. It looks to me like the Chinese imatch clones would work just as well as the JD and some of them allow more flexibility on the top link by allowing a pin or a hook to be used.
I was considering a clone hitch and a used imatch came up for sale locally. I managed to get it and payed about what a clone costs locally. I wouldn't be without it now. Best 200$ I have spent tractor wise.

Brian

·
Registered
232 Posts
Its the same price, I would go for this one. That adjustable top link would be a nice option to have. You can't beat that price shipped to your house. Thats the best deal on the internet or in any store your probably gonna find.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Wow 80$ and flat rate shipping. Not much to lose if you don't like it. I'm sure you could sell it and get your money back.
It makes it so easy to go from your ballast box to a rear blade or other attachment and back again. No wrestling with a 600lb ballast box trying to get it to fit on the lift pins.

Cheers
Brian

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys,
I just ordered the unit with adjustable top link $104.00 with shipping.
Seems to be about best deal . And hopefully added distance i won't
have too cut down pto shaft on the kk 48" xb rotary tiller i just bought.

Thank's guys
Hunter-63:thThumbsU

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
You know guys I never thought about this but an extra benefit of
owning a quick hitch it that it can save your transmission case by
putting the implement further away. Congrats Hunter-63, I don't
think that you could find a better deal on a new quick hitch!:fing32:

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Hunter-63

Congrats on a great deal. I hope all works well like you plan. :fing32:

·
Gone Green
90 Posts
I'll be curious how it works out for you, hunter-63. I may have to check that out. It seems that I'm changing out implements more and more these days.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'll be curious how it works out for you, hunter-63. I may have to check that out. It seems that I'm changing out implements more and more these days.
Hey Acerguy, welcome to the forum. You need to make sure your implements will fit. Most of them will fit the lift pins but the top link can be a problem. If you get the hitch with the dual pin/hook for the top link it should fit just about any cat 1 implement as long as the lift pins are not spaced too wide to fit. I used mine last night to take off the ballast box and use the rear blade then put the BB on again. I only had to get off the tractor to raise and lower the blade stand. I am going to make a floor stand for the blade so I don't need to worry about the stand. It is easy to forget to raise it.

Cheers
Brian

·
Gone Green
90 Posts
Thanks, Brian! I appreciate the info. I'll have to line 'em all up and take a look. :) Between the homemade ballast "box" (a 30 gal drum filled with concrete), the plow, the cultivator, the 5' rear blade (and rake), the 5' finishing mower and the all-purpose wonderbox, I get a little tired of wrestling with the pins! :bonk:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I bought a quick hitch from Harbor Freight back in 03. I had to modify only one impliment I have and my finish mower wont work with a quick hitch, other than that, all my toys will work with the quick hitch I have. Its the same hitch as the Slugbus link from Ebay.

Also on the Harbor Freight ones, there are two hitches to choose from, one has wider inside measurements. I have one of the first ones, its the narrow one.

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
NEWT92,Yea mine from Slugbus says Harbor Freight. Its probably the narrow one too.
At a little over 100, I won't complain too much.:fing32:

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Just measured mine and I have 27 1/2 inch clearence. NEWT92, that
photo looks just like mine! Hope it works OK.:fing02:

·
Gone Green
90 Posts
Just a bump to see if any of you guys that bought the ebay quick hitch units have a review on how well they work. :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Kieth

I bought a PTO generator from a fellow last night who had a nice Yanmar tractor, 33HP, the largest Yanmar I have seen. On the back he had a quick hitch. It was a Land Pride brand and looked identical to the JD except it had the adjustable hook/pin top link connection. He loves it. There may be other alternatives to the Chinese ones out there.

Brian

1 - 20 of 21 Posts