My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Professional GT with the 27 HP engine. It's way too loud.

Has anyone here modified the stock muffler to tone down the racket? I wear a noise-canceling headset and that helps but I'd still like to stifle the noise at the source.

Regards,

Dan

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
I took my muffler off my Kohler for 10 minutes just for giggles, OHH MY GAWD was it loud! And it shot the most pretty blue flames out of the head pipes you ever did see! :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
ive been trying to figure out how to build a muffler that would make them quiet aalmost car like quiet but still fit a gt and without creating to much backpressure and reducing power so if i figure it out ill let you know

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
Use a small car muffler or resonator,or a muffler for a generator,if you can find room for one it'll silence the engine to the point you'll hear the tappets clicking..you will need to make a "Y" pipe though,if its a two cylinder,and want to use one muffler..a car muffler with 1-1/2" inlet is sufficient capacity to handle just about any engine on a tractor without any fear of excessive back pressure..

·
Registered
517 Posts
If you do try to figure something out yourself, keep in mind that these things get HOT! My engine gets the front plate where my JBJR mounts hot enough to melt plastic.

I actually like the sound of the Kohler. Between the engine and the trans, the thing sounds like a real piece of equipment... :)

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Sock,

Yeah I leaned that front plate gets HOT.. I stuck two nice $4.00 reflectors on there.. Cut the grass, went to wash the machine and they were GONE.... :)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The Onan generator muffler from an RV Is so quite on my Wisconsin AENL that you cannot hear an exhaust note above the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts