My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 X320 and I currently have a Johnny Bucket Jr. attached to the front of it. I was using it to flatten a small pile of dirt, and when I was done, I noticed a small trickle (enough I could wipe it off with one or two finger swipes) of transmission oil leaking out of the fill hole in my rear axle. The fill hole has a rubber type cap covering it, and I've never noticed it leaking there before....even when I used the Johnny Bucket to level the whole spot where I put my pool in. So I've deffinetly used the Johnny Bucket a lot more intensly than last night, but for what ever reason this trickle of fluid has happened.

What could have caused it? It really didn't feel all that hot either. I could put my hand on the axle and leave it there...although it was warm, it wasn't hot enough to burn me. It gets more of a workout just mowing my yard.

Although I was rocking back and forth a lot to get the bucket to cut into the dirt I was leveling. Could the rocking motion cause the fluid to leak out of the rubber cap? I'm not really sure hot tight that cap seals anyway.... Does anyone know?

Should I worry about this little issue?

Thanks for an info you can give.

Clark (SupermanWV)

·
Registered
812 Posts
More knowledgeable people here than me but I think that "fill" hole is actually the relief valve. It is there to relieve pressure when it is really getting worked. Be careful if you pull that cap off because you may have to replace it because it usually rips and this comes from Tuff Torq themselves.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info...I'm really just wondering if this is something I need to worry about. Or if it should still be ok.

It wasn't making any weird noises, like it was being worked to hard.

Clark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts