My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an X320, and I recently put a front brush gaurd on it. I am wondering if I can attach the Johnny Bucket Jr. and the brush gaurd at the same time?

Or will I have to modify it?

If it does need modified, has anyone done this before...and maybe can point me in the right direction?

Thanks for any info you can give.

Clark (SupermanWV)

·
Registered
758 Posts
I believe you would have to modify it. (at least based on my craftsman experience and looking at his close-ups of the GT225 mounting) : http://www.johnnyproducts.com/images/JD GTLX JBJr/JD-GTLX--JBJr 011.jpg

The JBJR mounts seem to take up all front frame mounting points. I was able to drill 2 holes in the front of my jbjr mount so I can attach 2 bolts to attach my cheap craftsman snow plow, so you may figure a relatively easy way of attaching your brush guard..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well....I got the X300/X500 bracket mounted on my X320, and everything is looking good. But I'm still trying to come up with a way to mod my brush gaurd to fit. It looks a little tuff, but I'll work it out.

The only trouble I'm having with the Johnny Bucket is.....WHERE AM I GONNA MOUNT THESE SWITCHES?

When I look behind the dash on this tractor....there are wires, connectors, plastic doohickies, galore. I can't find a flat spot without any obstructions.

Can someone point me in a good direction that won't put the switches somewhere that I will knock them off with my leg or foot while getting on or off the tractor.

I thought about mounting them in the cup holder tray near the rear of the tractor....but not sure how to route the wires out of the way of everything so they don't get pinched or messed up. PLUS...and this may be a stupid question....is it smart to have an electrical switch powered straight from the battery that close to the gas tank?

Any suggestions would be awesome.

P.S. I'll post some pics once I get everything done.

Clark (SupermanWV)

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Supermanwv,

I will take a pic of where I mounted mine and post in the morning. I picked to me the most convienent place for reach (to the right of the steering wheel bout midways down on the black plastic of the center console) and line of sight as far as what I am doing. My switches are very easy to reach and my hand/wrist can actually rest on my leg while I am operating the switches.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Supermanwv,

Here is where I have mine mounted. The switches are arranged with the top controling bucket up and down and the bottom controling the bucket dump. Hope this helps out. Oh yeah I haven't found myself hitting them in this location, bu then again at 5'9" I have plenty of room to spare.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
midnitetr8n:

Thanks for the pic...looks like a good spot. Was it hard to mount them there? There isn't a lot of room to manuver under the dash.

Clark (SupermanWV)

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
You are right not a lot of room but wasn't too hard to mount. I searched, from the inside, for the best place to mount (enough space and flat) then used a heated nail set (finish nail) to make starter hole in plastic from the back and then drilled the two holes out from the front.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was nervous about installing the switches on the lower half of the "dash". I'm relatively long-legged and had the same concern about cleaving the switch from that location with my knee or foot.

I installed mine on top of the dash under the wheel. The outside switch is the raise/lower control. The inner one is dump control. Since I'm right-handed, I can keep my dominant arm on the wheel and sneak the fingers of my left under the wheel to operate the switches. It probably looks like an awkward reach in the photo, but it's actually quite easy. The wheel on my X304 isn't that big.

Yes, from inside the dash, it's not an easy place to gain access. I believe I had to temporarily disconnect several wires to work around them. I also broke one of the switches during installation, but that didn't have anything to do with the location. I know this doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement, but I figured the extra cussing during installation was better than cussing for the next 10 years while I use the thing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Farm boy,

We don't get much snow down this way so I have found that it suits my needs very well. Without the tooth bar I would just tilt the bucket into full dump position and just use it to push the snow out of th the way, just like a regular blade. I would also scoop up and dump elsewhere to avoid having too much melting snow causing mud holes in the yard. But remember it is only 40" wide.

·
Registered
233 Posts
:thThumbsU I have a Johnny Bucket mounted to my X485. I use it to remove snow from my driveway and the widow lady across the street. Works great. If the township doesn't get to our cul-de-sac timely I have opened up a path to the main street. You have to remember though the Johnny Bucket is not a plow but a loader so its push, load, and dump. Once you get the hang of it you can move a lot of snow in a short time. I also have the snow bar from Johnny Bucket mounted on the front of the bucket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts