My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Massey Ferguson MF65
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to change out the trans/PTO fluid in my 65 and the last time I did it The local MF dealer sold me some MF Hydraulic fluid for it and it did not seem to work as well as the old fluid did. The PTO seems very weak, I use it for mowing 95% of the time with a 6' finish mower.

Would using the GL1 90 Mineral Oil be the best? Most of the time it works in 95+ degree heat.

The local MF dealer is not much help with the 65 they are always trying to sell me a new one and not very excited about ordering/finding parts for it.

Thanks,
Flip

·
Registered
28 Posts
I cant be too much help with the hydraulic oil. But if your MF dealer isnt much help getting parts try www.tiscoparts.com. This is where the MF dealer my grandpa works at gets alot of parts for older tractors they cant get from Agco.

I will also ask my grandpa when he gets home from work about the hydraulic oil and PTO when he gets home.

Sean

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes Flip, use the GL1 90 mineral oil, that is what it was designed to use,
you can get it from NAPA in 5 and 1 gal containers

·
1K Posts and climbing
1,677 Posts
Need to change out the trans/PTO fluid in my 65 and the last time I did it The local MF dealer sold me some MF Hydraulic fluid for it and it did not seem to work as well as the old fluid did. The PTO seems very weak, I use it for mowing 95% of the time with a 6' finish mower.

Would using the GL1 90 Mineral Oil be the best? Most of the time it works in 95+ degree heat.

The local MF dealer is not much help with the 65 they are always trying to sell me a new one and not very excited about ordering/finding parts for it.

Thanks,
Flip
You should be using Permatran. That is what they call for.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Will, i think you will find that the M1129A specs were not recommended until the 100 series tractors, i agree that it can be used on pre-100 series but only if the hydraulics are in VERY good condition.

·
1K Posts and climbing
1,677 Posts
Will, i think you will find that the M1129A specs were not recommended until the 100 series tractors, i agree that it can be used on pre-100 series but only if the hydraulics are in VERY good condition.
Oh, OK, I stand corrected. Thanks. We ran it in our 35, but we did rebuild the hydraulic pump. Could be why.

·
Massey Ferguson MF65
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the information guys, I am thinking that Permatran might be what the dealer sold me last time. I think we will give the NAPA GL1 90 mineral oil a try this time and will report back in a few days. I know this one has never had the pump rebuilt and is original.

·
Massey Ferguson MF65
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well changed it out with the NAPA GL1 90, improved it by 1000%.

That was the ticket, shifts very nice PTO has power like it use to.

5gal= $44.10

Thanks for the help.

·
1K Posts and climbing
1,677 Posts
Well changed it out with the NAPA GL1 90, improved it by 1000%.

That was the ticket, shifts very nice PTO has power like it use to.

5gal= $44.10

Thanks for the help.
Glad to hear you got it solved.

Happy tractoring!!
:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts