My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a quick connect for my CB-65 backhoe and a root ripper. I used them for a year and had others wanting me to make them.
The root ripper is so much fun to use. I clean my fence line with it. It is so nice to have the trees not just growing back the next year.
You can remove stumps with less dirt being removed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the thumb is stationary you can see the holes in the support its stationary position is adjustable.
The quick connect and root ripper will work with OEM thumb also.

The root ripper works well with a thumb because you can grab smaller trees or roots and pull with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a video using the root ripper and quick connect to take out an old tree.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, that thing is awesome! Great job Mark...I wish I could've afforded the backhoe when I purchased my tractor. After seeing this video, I could see how useful it would be for me trying to deal with leftover stumps from all my dying spruce trees.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, the root ripper is such fun attachment to use.

I did this task with my bucket before I made the ripper. It took much longer and I dug up a big hole.

The ripper does not make such a big hole and I get the job done faster.

You have all the force in one small point much stronger than the bucket.

·
Registered
260 Posts
@Mark_B nice work on this! Can't wait to get it installed. I didn't see options for a right step or the quick connect on your site though. Just the left step and ripper.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!

I offer a step for the right side. If want one just order the left side and ask for the right side in the notes. I don’t stock the right side but it is no problem making one.

I will add the quick connect back up there soon. I just made a change to make it more compatible with the available thumbs.

You can still order a Quick connect by sending me a message. This weekend I will have new quick connect powder coated and gets some pictures of it.

Thanks for your purchase! I think It is more heavy duty than the pictures show.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The quick connect is back on my website. Here is just some of the things we shipped last week.
You don't have to get the Quick connect to use the root ripper it will work fine without the QC.
The QC and root ripper both work with the BX and OEM thumb.

We are caught up with orders. Everything is powder coated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts